6 New error codes after clutch install - PLEASE HELP!

steedastang06

European Forum Founding Member
Feb 25, 2002
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
I just recently installed a Centerforce DF CLutch and now i have the following 6 DTC's and have no idea where to start to troubleshoot them...

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction
P0200 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0135 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0155 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit
P0446 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction

I have no A/C now which is probably due to the last 2 codes. I reinstalled the tune that i had on it prior to the install but that didnt work.. I checked everything i can see.. no loose sensors, no blown fuses.. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

steedastang06 said:
I just recently installed a Centerforce DF CLutch and now i have the following 6 DTC's and have no idea where to start to troubleshoot them...

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction
P0200 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0135 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0155 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit
P0446 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction

I have no A/C now which is probably due to the last 2 codes. I reinstalled the tune that i had on it prior to the install but that didnt work.. I checked everything i can see.. no loose sensors, no blown fuses.. Any ideas?

Dude... ALL of these are being thrown from Fuse F1.47 a/c clutch relay, EVAP canister vent control solenoid, EGR module, Heated O2s, VVT solenoid, IMRC, EVAP Purge Valve..

Check again. :)

EDIT ADD: It is bus fuse mapped to F1.47 - It is the one that is butted right up against the Horn relay . I bet my left breast is is not seated right or has blown.

check all your wiring near the tranny area. maybe when you installed the clutch, something happened to the wires that is causing the fuse to blow.

Well, I am not an ASE Certified mechanic like bigcat and I have always had AODs, so I will just throw out a question to ponder.

When you replace the stock clutch with the Centerforce do they have you use the stock clutch pedal position switch? Electronically the CPP is connected in line with the ignition switch and the starter motor relay coil. So, although it would not seem logical that 47 would blow because of a surge in amperage at ignition due to a misplaced CPP, it is afterall electrical and a clutch...both which are well out of my expertise.

Wish I could be more help.

{Hola Ernie :) }

No, that's not likely. It's probably the wiring harness near the transmission like bigcat said. Replacing the clutch with a Centerforce requires nothing but clutch and pressure plate replacement. I would check at the top of the transmission for a pinched section of wiring harness right between the motor and tranny.

check the harness running down to the upstream 02 sensors. You most likely got a harness pinched durring the clutch install and now even with it unpinched the wires are damaged inside the loom. very common for this to happen after the trans has been out.

good find on that jenn you saved me from having to log on to fmcdealer and looking at the wiring diagram.

ohh one last thing.. if the wires are not damaged check the 02 sensors a internally damaged heater circuit in the 02's can also cause this.

svttech76 said:
good find on that jenn you saved me from having to log on to fmcdealer and looking at the wiring diagram.

Thanks Mike. I carry printed copies in my leather portfolio of the wiring diagrams and bussed fuse/distribution box for the S197. It is in with my executive projects for work. It is a funny sight when I go into a meeting and they fall out. YES, I am a nerd and proud of it. :rlaugh:

Jenns05Stang said:
Thanks Mike. I carry printed copies in my leather portfolio of the wiring diagrams and bussed fuse/distribution box for the S197. It is in with my executive projects for work. It is a funny sight when I go into a meeting and they fall out. YES, I am a nerd and proud of it. :rlaugh:

thats great! You must have a good knowledge of the EEC system or good logic to think fo that.. Anytime you have multiple circuit faults you always check for what those circuits share, many pro mechanics over look that. :D