64-66 turbo mustang headers

• Sponsors (?)

Getting an intercooler in may not be a problem but getting in one that is big enough to be efficient and do any good is going to require cutting. Problem is the grill slopes in and back as you go out from the center.

EXACTLY. too small, and you doing more damage than good.

I'm trying guys. I have the passenger side intot eh turbo. It took 4 bends. Last kit took three bends in the whole kit, this has four on one side.:( Looks good though. I can't get it to fit the way I want. I spent 14 hrs on sunday, but couldn't get it. So I'm waiting for a part that should be here in the next day or so that should solve my problem. Then I should have a header done this weeknd pretty easily.

Would there be room for an A/W intercooler in there? The packaging wouldn't be as restricted as an A/A.

Probably would increase cost and complexity too much, huh?

Well, the turbo on the other side in the 67 and up was one of the reasons I put it there. the A?W could go where the battery went.
In a car without the P?S or ac, running the pipe wouldn't be so hard for one. It would actually probably pale in comparison to the actual cost of the A/W setup.

Kid760, I can't quite do a intercooler yet. I can tell you the car will need hood pins if you go that way.

Bump

How's it coming?
Any word on the intercooler fitting? Maybe you can use a square core so it'll perfectly fill up the apron on an R front valance.
Alright. After more and more reasearch and talking, I've probably found a way to run an IC in everycar. It will be expensive, becasue all A/W intercoolers are, but an option should be available.Real soon like.

Well, got 'em done. The driver side, well, it was a pain also.
Depends on how this goes with these. I may make a hotside for these in the 67 and up, and scrap the other headers.I'm probably going to run a set like this in my car, still haven't decided on wether it will be meth injected, or A/W intercooled. This is the type I'm looking at right now.
http://www.pwr-performance.com/intercooler.htm
It's about 4/5 of the way down.

dscn3091mk9.jpg

dscn3092nl3.jpg

dscn3093lx5.jpg

fscn3090rk0.jpg

dscn3094ba0.jpg

The second one. It's a little more affordable, and more compact. Hopefully with it, I can stick and intercooler in, without cutting any holes, and be way better off than an air to air. Unless Mario wants one, I'll probably be the one testing it. The car should go back together real soon. I'm going to use the 65-66 headers. this will allow for the A/W intercooler.

See now we're talking. :nice: As I've written 10secgoal earlier I'm waiting for the I/C 351 version and the compact air/water units are just perfect. Keep the updates coming - I've got cash waiting for a 2nd protoype or pre-production kit.

Just let me know when.The car has sat since Knotts and not moved:(
Got the blower off yet ? :)
I just got the tax return, and the wife says I can spend some.:D But the driveshaft I want is 600 bucks. :nonono: I hope to be running in a month or so.

I plan on running on of those coolers, like the Lightning and Cobra guys do. Run an ic box on top of the heat exhanger for the track so I can add a few degrees of timing.

Well, I talked to the bender today. He said he would give me a call tomorrow about the price for the headers. Right now it looks like I've ordered 6 sets unless someone else steps forward. I've got Mario, Bottlefed,me, a local stang and Mkenzie as serious buyers right now.(Bottlefed gonna change to forcefed ? D )So it looks like I could start building these REAL soon.

This cross-over pipe is hangin' low:

dscn3093lx5.jpg

Is that the final design, or will you tuck it up a little more?

What's the price on this initial run?

Will this fit under a flat hood?

I've got Mario, Bottlefed,me, a local stang and Mkenzie as serious buyers right now.(Bottlefed gonna change to forcefed ? D )So it looks like I could start building these REAL soon.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Not gonna need the bottle anymore, thus a name change is in order.

Gonna have to start thinking of a new one... ForceFed is definately an idea!