93 cobra mass cal ?????

• Sponsors (?)

I JUST DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. i switched back to 19#er's a few weeks back and bought a 'like the 93 cobra maf' off ebay. when i first start my car, it runs pretty crappy for the first about 2 mins and then after that, it runs harder than it ever has. i'm not sure what's going on with that.

I JUST DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. i switched back to 19#er's a few weeks back and bought a 'like the 93 cobra maf' off ebay. when i first start my car, it runs pretty crappy for the first about 2 mins and then after that, it runs harder than it ever has. i'm not sure what's going on with that.

What sensor is in it?

Crappy running at cold start (and maybe for a little bit on warm starts as well???)
would suggest the Adaptive Strategy is compensating for the MAF/MAS not being right for the ecu/injector combo.

Need more info on what 'like the 93 cobra maf' actually means...
jason

I took a maf housing off of a 96 3.8 v6 cougar. It looks identical to a 93 cobra housing. Its 70mm and all. After spending a few minutes polishing it up a little bit and smoothing a parting line out i bolted it into a 89 and it came to life. The v6 cougar had 19s in it so i tried it! $15.00 at the junkyard.

I took a maf housing off of a 96 3.8 v6 cougar. It looks identical to a 93 cobra housing. Its 70mm and all. After spending a few minutes polishing it up a little bit and smoothing a parting line out i bolted it into a 89 and it came to life. The v6 cougar had 19s in it so i tried it! $15.00 at the junkyard.
Assuming this is the EXACT SAME housing as what the 93 Cobra used.... (which is more assumption than I would like to make on my motor)

What is the part number of the sensor...
F2VF?

Also, assuming it really is working perfectly,
It has nothing to do with the injector size of the car the meter was pulled from (in this case a 96 3.8l v6). Zero!
Ford meters are not calibrated to an injector size. Only aftermarket meters are cal'd this way.
A Ford meter is calibrated for use with a specific ecu.

If you're trying different meters on your car... GOOD LUCK!

jason