Fuel Injector Install help

Hi all. Need some guidance please, first time doing injectors. Currently installing a Cobra upper & lower on my 92LX. Decided to swap out the old crusty 19# factory injectors with some new 24# Accel injectors (8 pack #150824). I have a new 24# mass air as well.

The questions:
1) the new Accel injectors don’t seem to fit quite a snugly in the lower manifold as the old factory injectors. Is that normal? They pop in but not as tightly. This is before the fuel rail is installed btw.

2) the pintle caps on the old injectors do not look like they will fit the new Accel injectors, see pic for reference. The tip is shaped a little differently. Do the new injectors not require pintle cap?

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpeg
    IMG_1335.jpeg
    598.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    744.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    980.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Sponsors (?)

Seems to pop into the (factory) fuel rail just fine, although fuel rail is not attached. Maybe I’m overthinking and aftermarket injectors just fit a little differently?

Oh and engine runs great. It’s your standard factory 302 with some bolt-ons. Just trying to do some maintenance + upgrades.

Attachments

• IMG_1340.jpeg
    IMG_1340.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 32
This is correct I believe, if you look at the squirting end you prolly will see more than one hole (three maybe :shrug: ).
You really don't need 24's with an intake/throttle body upgrade but it don't hurt and they (should) spray better than old original stuff but I will say there is/was chatter about failure (quality control?)
I've got Ford Racing 24's.
Consensus on another foxbody forum is that Accels don’t requite pintle caps anymore, they are ready out of the box.

Yes I’ve heard the same. Hopefully the failure rate is hyperbole and they will work. No way I’m putting the old crappys back in, either way.
I have pretty much every bolt on now and plan to sc in the next few years, that was my justification for 24#

Reactions: 1 user