93 cobra production question

88GtQt

Apr 4, 2004
Suffolk
my friends has a 93 cobra i have the offical ford book on them and all fox bodies, it breaks down the productions #'s for each color it states the black was on most of them but my friends cobra has a gold pin stripe and gold snakes and pony emblems and i know for a fact this is factory but i havent been able to find the rarity of it.. .any one can help? i wanna know how many total were "king cobras" meaning the black with gold striping and badging.....thx in advance i can post pics later today if u want... thx guys

also i have a 88gt with t-tops... everywhere i look says that none had t-tops in 88 or htat it is a 87 t-tops body left over from 87 and was used in 88 just to get rid of them so again i was hoping someone could tell me the rarity of my car as well

• Sponsors (?)

88GtQt said:
.....and i know for a fact this is factory but i havent been able to find the rarity of it..

Ummmm..... How do I put this? :shrug: WRONG! :lol: Some idiot just thought it would be pimp to put old-man-in-a-Cadillac trim on a Cobra. I'm surpised it doesn't have gold offset wire wheels too. Tell your friend to do the world a favor and return it to it's original glory. PLease.

88GtQt said:
my friends cobra has a gold pin stripe and gold snakes and pony emblems and i know for a fact this is factory

It's not factory.....it's tacky.

It should not have any pin stripe, the snakes on the side should be silver and the pony in the grill should be silver. It should say COBRA on the left side of the hatch. No other emblems anywhere including on the wheels.

Well I dont know about the cobra thats pretty interesting but they did regualr 5.0s with gold 5.0's on the side. My friend bought a 92 that came with them and switched them to silver 5.0 badges. He got a real nice price for the gold ones on ebay. If it is in fact factory, Its probably one of a very few.

On a side note...what book is that and where did you get it?

Oh i forgot my friends 5.0 also had gold pony center caps on his wheels

93 teal terror said:
Well I dont know about the cobra thats pretty interesting but they did regualr 5.0s with gold 5.0's on the side. My friend bought a 92 that came with them and switched them to silver 5.0 badges. He got a real nice price for the gold ones on ebay. If it is in fact factory, Its probably one of a very few.

Oh i forgot my friends 5.0 also had gold pony center caps on his wheels

Yeah, they have done it on several Mustangs actually. It's not so much a factory option as it is a dealership option. It was called a "gold package" and was just as you said, gold 5.0 emblems and gold ponys on the rims. I think it was 91-93. They also did it for 1 or two years on the 94-98 Mustang body style. The SN95 came with a gold pony up front, gold GT emblems on the side (factory emblem just gold) and gold running horses on whatever rims came with it. There is no Gold package for the 99+ stangs.

Like i said, they also do such things for other makes. I've seen carriage roofs on Lincoln Mark VIII's and Mercury Sables along with gold emblems. But these are not factory options, they are dealer installed before being set out on the lot.