94-95 Tail Lights VS. 96-98 Tail Lights?

• Sponsors (?)

Green 94 5.0 said:
do you really want to make your car look even more like the slowest v8 mustangs ever made? might as well just put some altezza tails on it. :puke:
:lol: :rlaugh:
WERD!

Actually, when the 96's came out, I was getting ready to kill to have a set of them on my 94. Since I started modding my car 2 yrs ago, I am way glad I did NOT change them!
RC

I like the 96-98 tail lights better because I think vertical tail lights look better on mustangs. Looks more like the early mustangs. My 95 mustang next to my 67 looks screwed up since the 67 has vertical tail lights. The 95 tail lights don't look bad though and I don't think I'll change my 95's tail lights though because they give it a distinctive look

My 94 GT had 96-98 lights on it when I bought the car, however I do prefer the 96-98 style over the 94/95 style. Just a looks thing I guess.

I also have 302 badges on the fenders, and a nice throaty exhaust to help people notice, it's a 5.0

i like the 94-95 lights but prefer the 96-98 more

also a reason i got the 96-98 was so i can get the sequential blinker kit..cuz no one i know has em and it just rocks to use them when you embarass a newer gt who thinks your a lowly 4.sux

94-95 horizontal lines all the way.
It makes the car seem wider and lower.
Much like when overweight people are better off with vertical stripes on clothes instead of horizontal because veritcal gives the impression that they are taller and not as fat.

finalgathering-- nice wheels! :nice: :D

You're the first SN95 (other than myself) that I've seen with those wheels. Saw a Fox body with them in a magazine once, but that's it.

I actually just took mine off this weekend and put Cobra wheels on. Needed new tires, and I didn't feel like paying the $$$ for good 18" tires...

Dave

Wholey crap will this topic ever die, seems to be a thread on it every month :rolleyes:

96-98 Tail lights suck b/c the 4.6s in those yr are slow :notnice:

94-95 Tail lights are awesome b/c there the last of the 5.0's :nice:

Nuff Said

dsg02 said:
I know my view is unpopular here but I like the 96-98 and changed to them. I've always hated the horizontal lights especially on the last fox GTs - that the main reason I far preferred the LXs. I do understand the last 5.0 thing but if that means someone thinks I'm driving a weak 96 all the better when I blow them off.

The car looks lighter and more modern with the 96-98. I think Ford made the right decision when the changed the lights after only 2 years of using the others on the SN95s.

96-98 lights are way cleaner and brighter. Definitly a change for the better.

The 96/98 tails are brighter and look more 'modern' but still retain the Mustang's heritage with the 3 vertical bars. I just swapped in a set with the bezels painted black. I don't like the fact that they are associated with the slower 4.6's but my plate says 'ITSA5OH' so there shouldn't be any confusion.