94 GT just screwed me over!

AznStanger3v

Aug 11, 2003
Northern VA
Buckle down to this one guys. This story will blow your mind. Ok, so I'm driving back down to NC this morning and the speed limit is 65 mph. I had my CRUISE CONTROL locked on 73 mph. Yes, i realize that is still speeding. I see a black mustang coming up on me quite fast. He gets beside me and I look over and give him the thumbs up. He does the same and continues to pace me. I shook my head no to race and he did the "ok, i understand" nod to me. He shoots off right in front of a cop in the side little hidden areas of the highway. He sees the cops put his lights on and BOLTS OUT. The cop gets behind ME and pulls ME over. He said I was going 90 mph. I was furious. I kept trying to explain to him but he didnt care at all. He said "ill do you a favor and right you up for 85 in a 65". I gave up at that point. The cop had the nerve to start telling me "you mustang guys think you are so fast." I was like "huh?". He continued to sit there and talk about his stupid camaro. "I've got blah blah blah LS1 blah" and me being the person i am when i get mad, said to him "just give me the ticket bc i really dont want to hear about your camaro." So he gave me my copy and told me to slow it down. And before he walks away from my car, I heard him say "found on road dead...Ford" and start snickering to himself. I was absolutely appalled at him. I rolled my window back down and say "sir, stroke your ego on your own time, not the tax payer's." I pulled away and was enraged for many an hour. I cant believe i was screwed over by a chevy guy and a mustang guy today. Now my insurance is going to shoot up. I hate the world right now. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

17yrOldStanger said:
Buckle down to this one guys. This story will blow your mind. Ok, so I'm driving back down to NC this morning and the speed limit is 65 mph. I had my CRUISE CONTROL locked on 73 mph. Yes, i realize that is still speeding. I see a black mustang coming up on me quite fast. He gets beside me and I look over and give him the thumbs up. He does the same and continues to pace me. I shook my head no to race and he did the "ok, i understand" nod to me. He shoots off right in front of a cop in the side little hidden areas of the highway. He sees the cops put his lights on and BOLTS OUT. The cop gets behind ME and pulls ME over. He said I was going 90 mph. I was furious. I kept trying to explain to him but he didnt care at all. He said "ill do you a favor and right you up for 85 in a 65". I gave up at that point. The cop had the nerve to start telling me "you mustang guys think you are so fast." I was like "huh?". He continued to sit there and talk about his stupid camaro. "I've got blah blah blah LS1 blah" and me being the person i am when i get mad, said to him "just give me the ticket bc i really dont want to hear about your camaro." So he gave me my copy and told me to slow it down. And before he walks away from my car, I heard him say "found on road dead...Ford" and start snickering to himself. I was absolutely appalled at him. I rolled my window back down and say "sir, stroke your ego on your own time, not the tax payer's." I pulled away and was enraged for many an hour. I cant believe i was screwed over by a chevy guy and a mustang guy today. Now my insurance is going to shoot up. I hate the world right now. :bang:

call the department right now and file harassment charges and tell them about the cruise control

tell them everything he said and file a report.

also take him to court dont plead no contest... i will find out the deal to get out of it form my friend and let you know. its a request they have to grant that moves the trial back and back until the cop doesnt show.

Yeah I'd go to court and fight the ticket. Seek legal advice from a local lawyer that handles traffic cases. Shouldn't have to employ one though. You can easily get out of that if the judge will buy off on that cop being an unprofessional a$$ and said all that crap. Doubt the cop will admit to it. :rolleyes:

I would call his department or better yet just go down there, and file a complaint. Let his superiors know about the situation and they will be able to help you more than any court. If you go to court the cop will lie and make up a story. It has happened to me plenty of times.

I would fight that tooth and nail. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

2 things: Did his car have a camera?! And, if you get a lawyer, maybe they can find out if the guy owns a camaro. If so, that will help support your side of the story.

Also, never admit that you were speeding. You were doing 65mph from here on out.

I would have said,"what's a matter couldn't keep up with the mustang that ran from you so settled for the guy with cruise control on?"

This is :bs: I'm one to let things go, but I wouldn't this one. Go to court and hope you get a FORD judge. Your chances of winning are only better if you fight it. Giving in you are 100% guarenteed to lose.

Oh, and you were doing the speed limit with your cruise on.... end of story. LOL

as much as i would like to fight it, its just not in my schedule. Its going to be my word against his. If i took him to court, i would have to miss school. It is imperative that i miss not a single day of school. thanks for the suggestions though. Ill just swallow the knife and carve the way for my pride.

Man, that sucks! You should at least file a complaint with the guy's shift commander when you're not in school. At least there would be a SLIGHT chance if any that they drop there case against you (throw out the ticket).

Since cops are humans, you'd think that they wouldn't be able to give tickets without "absolute" proof (i.e. video footage and applicable readout from an accurate radar/laser device). Consider the harm it causes a citizen:
1. Increased insurance rates for several years
2. The fine itself
3. Time off work and travel to court
4. Waste of tax payer's money for incorrectly given and/or false tickets

This is why people need to vote. Speeding tickets are somewhat of a scam that goes largely unregulated. Speed can kill, but mostly stupidity kills. It saddens me to hear of a girl that got kidnapped today and several cops in the area were still handing out tickets by the dozen. Must have been 4-6 cop cars per site.

I've been given tickets also for speeds much higher than the actual speed. Most times I was on cruise control only going about 5-7 over, but the tickets reflect that I was 15-20mph over. Haven't had a ticket in 6 years and I drive faster now than before (I moved to Atlanta and regular interstate speeds are 80+). Thank God for ricers as they always get pulled over.

No offense to any cops on here as I know quite a few in several states that are honorable and serve their posts well.

Definately call the cops department and talk to a supervisor.

My dad did this for such a little thing as speeding, he told the department it was a "speed trap" and they dropped his ticket, no joke.

I'm almost positive you can get it dropped through the department.

Give them a call, you have NOTHING to lose.