95 GT to Cobra brake swap experts, come in

fiveofanatic

How to fuel a Mustang:
Founding Member
Aug 12, 1998
Phoenix, AZ suburbs
I be needin some info, I'm trying to help a guy out.

95 GT gets a Cobra upgrade; front calipers, rotors & master. On both masters, one line fitting is larger than the other. On the GT master, the front line has the larger fitting; on the Cobra, the rear line has the bigger fitting. On the GT, the front line goes to the forward port on the distribution block below the master, & the rear line goes to the rearward port.

This guy had a shop fab him up new lines for the master, with the correct size fittings. My concern is, he also had them bend the lines to swap ends on the junction block, so that the front line on the Cobra master (w/the smaller fitting) now goes to the rear port on the dist. block, & the rear master line now goes to the front port on the block. My thinking is that though fitting size changes between the two masters, the front port of the Cobra master should still go to the front port on the distribution block. Am I right or wrong?

• Sponsors (?)

My understanding on the different ports on the master cylinder, is they were swapped on the Cobra MC so they didn't get swapped by mistake on the assembly line. The front port on the Cobra does go to the rear one on the distribution block.

Anyone else know about this? I'm pretty sure I'm right, but I haven't swapped a MC so I'm not completely sure.

Well, I checked on my '97, but the problem is that the block is not oriented the same way; it's rotated 90°. If I visualize my distribution block rotated to the 95's position, the forward port on the master does go to the rearward port on the block, so I may be incorrect in my thinking. I'd still like to get confirmation, though.