97GT road worhty Finally!!! ( 56k warning)

TC93

Sep 11, 2000
Ellerslie GA 31807
Finally got the 97GT I bought with bad tranny on the road!!! . Got me another t-45, and decided new to put in a new flywheel, and clutch kit while the tranny was out. Got it running last Sunday and got it tagged and insured Tues. When I bought the car is didn't have a cat back, and the BBK h-pipe was messed up. Made my own exhaust using some old fox-body exhaust. Traded a buddy two 245/45 Goodyear tires for an old Dr gas x-pipe he had. Modified it to fit the 4.6 long-tubes and tucked it up in crossmember. Modified some flow tubes to position my Borla's ( I also traded for) near stock location. Everything fits nice, just have to figure out some tail-pipes. ANYway............

The motor has 93K miles and is stock besides long tube headers.. Other mods are, Steeda shifter, lift bars, 3.73's and the exhaust. Next on the list is a clay bar and wax(exterior detail), new head lights and tinted windows.

Here are pics of the car when I bought it,, to its current state..

When I bought it......

_cid_943_419.jpg

_cid_622_192.jpg

It's current state...

dsc04138_521.jpg

dsc04143_170.jpg

dsc04141_160.jpg

dsc04139_136.jpg

dsc04147_194.jpg

dsc04152_427.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice job! Car looks great, it would look even better with some dark window tint to offset the white. White cars with dark tint FTW!!!:nice:

Thanks people!!!:flag:

Oh, windows are coming soon.:nice: Trying to decide between, that or new headlights right now......Want both but have to re-coupe some funds.. Getting this thing running has just about drained hot-rod funds..

you going the crystal clear headlights to match white, or smoked to match the back lights? Looks awsome, is it over-axle dumps for cat-back?

Still debating on the headlights.. (clear or black) But leaning torward clears...

Right now I have turn downs right before the rear axle. bad thing is I can't use stock type tailpipes. Pretty sure they won't line up with the mufflers, sine I used foxbody x-pipe, and flow tubes, that I modified to fit. Might have to get some made and ad a set of 3" tips. Really not concerned with manderal bend on this car, not looking for every once of power. Wish I had a stock cat back for test fitting.

Where is that pin stripe from? My buddys old v6 had one of those on when he bought it too. I've seen a couple of different Mustangs that body style with that same exact stripe.

Looks good. U should get some of the stock 94-98 Cobra headlights, & stock looking clear ( not diamond clear) corners before u tint it imo. Its amazing how much cleaner brand new lights make your car look.

My friend just picked up a white 96 gt with cobra wheels , cobra hood and cobra badges which he is removing , car had off road X pipe , flowmasters , K&N CAI, UDP and 3.73s for $4000 with a brand new pearl white paint job , the guy had power shifted it with a stock shifter and broke a shift fork and didnt have the money to fix it , we took the tranny out , got a fork at the dealer for $26 dollars and put it all back together, he bolted in his old hurst from his old fox body , took it to the track friday night , car surprised me ran a 9.05 at 79 mph on regular 275/40/17 radials .....not even drag radials , 60 ft was a 2.09 , last night we tuned it and now it pulls on past 5500 rpms , before he was shifting it at 4900 rpms because the car just would feel like it hit a wall at 5000 RPMs , we are going to run it again next friday night to see if it will run a 8.8-8.9 on the street tires , it surprised the hell out of me for a NPI car , plus its got 150K miles on it

Can the trim around those '96-'98 tail lights be painted? It would probably look a lot better if they were colour matched to the rest of the car?

Otherwise....nice rescue. The '99-up rims don't look half bad on that car. :nice:

Where is that pin stripe from? My buddys old v6 had one of those on when he bought it too. I've seen a couple of different Mustangs that body style with that same exact stripe.

Not sure where that stripe originates from. Never really got in to SN-95's that much until now. I have always messed with foxbodies..

mrvax said:
The car looks great now. You should be proud. Was the interior in that great shape when you got it or did you clean it up like that?

The interior was in good shape just needed some TLC. All I did was put the billet AC knobs and the Pony floormats. A toothbrush, shop vac, and couple cleaning supplies and it cleaned up very nice. My plans for the car was to fix and re-sell, but the Mrs liked it ,so I gave it to her. With buying the car and all the differnt parts, I have roughly $2000 in the car. Got a real good deal on the car itself!!! Since it sat for about a year and a half.

This car won't see any major motor upgrades for a while. Not until my main project is finished, the 84 t-top coupe. And then the mods are limited to PI swap and appreance items. The Mrs didn't like driving my 86 with a blown 331. She said " It was too fast"....:rolleyes: So this tame puppy is for her....:spot:

paint around the tail lights white...

are those stock wheels white?????????

Yes they are stock 99+ GT rims in white, I bought'em like that.

I have thought about putting white tail lights back on, but I like the black. Do know where a V-6 the same color is in a junk yard. If the tail lights are in good shape, gonna get them and see what they llok like on there. And if I liek the black better atleast I wil have an extar set of tails, just incase...

I have thought about putting white tail lights back on, but I like the black. Do know where a V-6 the same color is in a junk yard. If the tail lights are in good shape, gonna get them and see what they llok like on there. And if I liek the black better atleast I wil have an extar set of tails, just incase...

That's basically what they'll look like...

96cobra3.jpg

cary.mustang.06sep1999.dsc01804.jpg

raul2.jpg

Monochrome paint schemes FTW. :nice:

Wow I never seen an sn95 with out power options, I dont see a rear defroster or power windows, no fogs wow.....I thought that these came stock in every stang...Is it true that mustangs in the south came w/o defrosters?

Wow I never seen an sn95 with out power options, I dont see a rear defroster or power windows, no fogs wow.....I thought that these came stock in every stang...Is it true that mustangs in the south came w/o defrosters?

The guy I bought it from said it was a GTs, but was told Gts's were only made in 94-95. This car's options are, manual windows, manual locks, no rear defrost, no fog lights and 6cyl interior. But it does have AC, PS, and power driver seat. I was told this is just a low option GT.