A/C delete kit ??'s

• Sponsors (?)

Use the FMS kit. It's less complicated and will shave the most waste.

Adding a dead pulley in that spot just allows you to have one more peice prone to failure. If you ask me, removing the A/C is an attempt to shave weight and clean up the engine bay. Best way to do that is the FMS kit. Really cleans up the area well

Now that you mentioned it, i actually did have to buy a new return line for the PS unit, that goes from the little plastic fitting on the back of the resevoir to the radiator, but they're only like 1 buck per foot, and it's not a hard job or anything. The stock line ended up being about 2 inches too short.

BUT, a word of ADVICE.....When you go to remove the old return hose, it's clamped onto the plastic fitting on the back of the resevoir, BE VERY CAREFUL when you're pulling it off.....i can't stress this enough.....When i pulled mine off i got carried away and broke the damn thing off, which led me on a search for a new plastic resevoir, which i couldnt find.....sure Ford sells them for 45 bucks, but Autozone sells the whole damn rebuilt pump with the resevoir for 39, so i actually bought a whole new unit, new presure line that runs to the rack, new return line and everything.

If you're really careful you'll be ok, just dont wiggle it to hard. If your PS pump is stock equipment like so many are, buying a new unit isnt a bad idea, you might be fixing a potential problem before it happens. If all else fails, just take a razor to the line and cut it down the middle where it's attached and buy a new hose.

I can see the end of the tunnel from here with all of the info, but I'm not there yet :D Once I extend the hose for the return line, oil will eventually spil out, how much? What should I look for at this point? The return line is the PHAT hose correct? Is this a good time to change the ps oil? If so is it easy to do?

I assume that the kit should be an easy install with the ps? I'm going to put an order in soon for the kit and hopefully I don't run into anything major when the Operation A/C delete starts next weekend :D

Thanks for the help Legendary.... :nice:

has anyone reveresed the idler pulley where the belt runs over the pulley instead of under it when you have deleted the ac unit? this is when we dont use a delete kit i guess

can i do it where i remove the idler puller and cut the ac/ps bracket and let a different belt? i'm trying to get the pic to downsize but i cant for now but as soon as i can i will post it

Sevan said:
here is the pic

That is my car.. All I did was cut the stock bracket where the AC is located, and used a shorter belt. I didn't like ythe FMS kit since it moves the powersteering upwards and the march kit has the tensioner moved up there. Just got a belt that was short enough that when the alt was pulled back over and bolted up ,, it had tension. I ran a 77.5 belt with underives on the crank and water pump, with a stock pulley on the alt.

Myke86GT, I was hoping that the owner would see the pic and respond and it worked. Hope you dont mind me using the pic? Are you still currently running that same setup? any problems? I did order the FMS kit but then I saw your setup and was wondering how it was done. I think I am going to try your way because I dont want to move the ps up either.

Sevan said:
Myke86GT, I was hoping that the owner would see the pic and respond and it worked. Hope you dont mind me using the pic? Are you still currently running that same setup? any problems? I did order the FMS kit but then I saw your setup and was wondering how it was done. I think I am going to try your way because I dont want to move the ps up either.

Don't have that set-up any more since I added a blower. Buy I ran it like that for about 5000 miles and never had a problem.