A/C Intercooler???

DOFOXHC

Jan 27, 2007
Lebanon, OR.
Ok heres a question to ponder for everyone.....maybe its been tried and didnt work but I've never seen anything about it.

What about redoing the A/C system and turning it into a super cold intercooler or aftercooler as it may be? Something like rerouting the hoses to the front of the car and through a (obviously custom made)box/intercooler? I know it takes hp to run the a/c pump but I would think with the increased timing and boost you would be able to run it would be well worth it???

What do ya think?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Ok heres a question to ponder for everyone.....maybe its been tried and didnt work but I've never seen anything about it.

What about redoing the A/C system and turning it into a super cold intercooler or aftercooler as it may be? Something like rerouting the hoses to the front of the car and through a (obviously custom made)box/intercooler? I know it takes hp to run the a/c pump but I would think with the increased timing and boost you would be able to run it would be well worth it???

What do ya think?:shrug:

I don't think it would be any better than a Water/Air intercooler, and those don't need any HP. The Air/Air you have was showing 110 inlet temps at 13 lbs of boost on a 85-90 deg day. A/W would be more like 75 deg....

Nate