reddy351

10 Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

This is the 351w and C4 tranny that "frankienstang" offered in the "garage" thread. I know it doesn't look like much, compared to all the shiny metal we see in the "build-up" threads. Gotta start somewhere. I went to Dayton on Tuesday and got it. It turns out that it's a 1983 351w from (probably) a truck. So, it's not a "roller motor". The tranny is on the right hand side of the second pic down. It did come with a good carb and the Edelbrock intake.. Plans for it include poking it into a Fox Stang, throwing a bunch of nitrous at it and looking for a 10 second time slip. :) At least once. ;)

Thanks again, frankienstang! Maybe now, I can live up to my Stangnet username.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats a great start to a project. Are you planning on doing a complete tear-down and rebuid, with possibly a stroker kit? Or just swaping over the fox accessories and keeping it carbed?

Thats a great start to a project. Are you planning on doing a complete tear-down and rebuid, with possibly a stroker kit? Or just swaping over the fox accessories and keeping it carbed?

I'll run it carb'ed. I'll check bearings and stuff, when I swap the oil pan. I want to see how cheap I can get 10's. Anybody got a decet Fox body they want to part with...cheap? :rlaugh:

Nope. Frankienstang is awesome. He didn't want anything for the parts. Just wanted them gone. He is a very cool guy!

I now have a line on an 88 Fox 4 banger/auto. Cheap. By the time the guy gets done with it, it may just be a "roller". That's fine by me. Just need a good body.