A post a day......

• Sponsors (?)

I found some of my old legos the other day and had to put some stuff together. I'd love to go to Legoland someday

I was watching Ultimate Factories over the weekend and it was about Lego. I was blown away, had no idea how cool it is to work for Lego. Any Lego made from 1958 until today will snap together. They have a "Think" room. It's dark, plays cool music and you write your ideas on the walls. There is like a convention hall sized area where there are 5-8 people just putting lego's together all day. My 7 year old said "Dad, I need to work for Lego".

I went to Legoland in Demark when I was very little. I still remember the train ride completely made out of Lego. The competition to get a job at Lego is unbelievable. There are people who clean the bathrooms for years hoping to get a connection.

Kurt

Just put a check in the mail to pay off the last of my debt from college. Still have some flight training debt. I also heading off to Daytona Beach first thing in the morning for a reunion of our old college car club. I spent 4 hours washing my truck this afternoon. I wonder if that makes me vane for not wanting to show up with a dirty car, or stupid for washing my vehicle before a 400 mile road trip.

Kurt

I've decided that instead of an Eaton supercharger I'm going to go with this baby right here:

IMG_3085.jpg

I picked this up through a trade for some work so it was a pretty good deal. It's a Greddy T78-33D 67mm turbo.

I'm going to use the On3 performance kit sans the turbo which will save a couple hundred dollars. I hope to begin installation in about a month or so and I'll do a full install thread for those who pondered getting an On3 kit.

Just put a check in the mail to pay off the last of my debt from college. Still have some flight training debt. I also heading off to Daytona Beach first thing in the morning for a reunion of our old college car club. I spent 4 hours washing my truck this afternoon. I wonder if that makes me vane for not wanting to show up with a dirty car, or stupid for washing my vehicle before a 400 mile road trip.

Kurt

Kurt are you coming down 95 by chance?

Do we really need a java update like every single day? Seems like my computer has a java update almost daily. That and Flash updates about every 3 days and it likes to sneak in junk (like stupid Norton antivirus). Has Norton gotten so crappy that they feel the need to sneak their crap onto your computer? My kids don't know any better and every few days I see Norton installed on one of my other machines.

Not really, they have software updates but nothing for security that I remember (mostly for improvements). You don't have to run anti-virus, malware stuff because it's not needed. MAC's require zero maintenance unlike Windows stuff. They run a non bulky operating system that just works well. So you don't have to buy more RAM, extra hard drive because of fear you'll lose everything. I don't think I've ever had it freeze or needed to reboot it that I remember. I've thrown away 2 laptops in the time of my 1 MAC. I wasn't a believer until I got one.

BTW, nice turbo.

I think you are crazy Kurt! Windows 7 is NIGHT AND DAY better than Vista. The "not responding" message never shows up anymore and if it starts to act up it has always righted itself. I have 3 pc's here running windows 7 and it's easy as hell to maintain them. 7 is quick too.

XP is a great, stable operating system. Trouble is, software companies are dropping support for it left and right. Also it doesn't have the ability to find and install drivers for devices as well as vista or 7 does. If you get lucky it'll find a driver for you but usually it's "Windows was unable to locate a driver for your device" even when I know for a fact that Windows 7 found a driver the exact same device (ethernet card for example).

Bottom line, 7 has about the same footprint on your system as XP but has much more to offer as far as functionality. Both my dell XPS gaming rigs buzz right along with 7 too. My first XPS came with Vista and I had to Fdisk and reinstall windows 3 times in a one year period! The only issue I've had with 7 so far is when Microshaft deployed the service pack. for some odd reason it was crashing dell computers left and right and I'd be stuck in a vicious bootup loop with no escape! Only thing I could do is fdisk and reformat. No problems since though as I haven't installed the service pack again yet.

My Gaming PC at home runs Windows 7 (we run iRacing Simulator on it). It's not that bad actually, I find it to be bulky as all Windows OS are. There's nothing to a MAC OS.

You can't run iRacing on a MAC machine so I bought a Gaming PC with- 8G RAM (16 MAX), 2-HDMI Ports, 3.2GHZ Dual Core A5 AMD Processor, Radeone 5670 Graphix Card and more.

I recorded my 13 year old son who's an iRacing guru at Charlotte with NASCAR cup car with 27" HDTV. I'm going to buy a gaming chair professional iRacing set up shortly and hook to the 55" Panny. He's the #44 car and wins. This is not a video game, driving simulator. This is a fixed set up meaning you cannot adjust the car, you must adapt to it. You'll notice in the video cars stepping out and spinning. Got to adapt, can't get on the throttle too early.

I find that Windows 7 does actually have the ability to find a problem and fix it. It's still faster to restart the computer. My Ubuntu computer runs like lightning on 1 gb of ram.

Kurt

Good info on the rear main seal Kurt.
I'll be doing mine soon,thanks.

My PS3 took a dump Sunday afternoon.
Yellow light of death.

Luckily I found a cool YouTube "how to" video.
Two hours and $3 later I had it all fixed.

Disassembled.
IMG_20120311_204916.jpg

Its alive!!
IMG_20120311_223110-1.jpg

What exactly caused the YSOD? I have the original 60 gig and it's still working good but I'm always weary of it overheating. I keep it blown/vacced out as much as possible but I'm sure I'm going to have to take it apart to really get the dust out. Is that a slim or old school one?

My neighbor has come over for my heat gun like 3 times. He says he's fixing his son's PS3 with it. We've had the 80G PS3 that plays both PS2 games from 2008 and haven't had a problem with it. Although we are weary about it overheating though.