AARRRRGGGG Im losing my passion.... (notch pix inside)

• Sponsors (?)

I dont like the two pump idea, at least with one pump when it goes out the engine dies, no harm done.

but when im at 7k rpm and one of the pumps go out KABOOOOOMMM

I talked with Magnafuel today, i think i might have the problem figured out i will keep you guys updated....

Turkey sammich no pants, one piece headligh6s

GroverDill said:
Keep it, sadly I highly doubt you would see 22k for it.

in other news, a truck has a 364" dart motor headed for a garage queen near me!
Good news on the motor, hope it works well for you.

tom. im hooking the pump up and im going to let it run for an hour in my garage. we will see if it can make it through that.

i kinda lost a little bit of passion this year too. i had endless problems when i did my turbo build, then when i finnally got everything solved and was tuning my "driving around town" settings with my PMS and wideband i blew a head gasket. worst part was i never even went into boost when it let go :notnice: after that happened i said **** this and decided to park it so i can pull the motor and clean up and paint my engine bay and i decided to buy a truck now instead of waiting till fall.

long story short i am very happy cause i get to do some off roading at the lake and i still have the mustang which i can take my time on and do everything right :nice: still kinda sucks when i see another 5.0 rolling around town and i am in my truck

:stupid:

I hear you, a month after i baught my car i crack a CHP piston and since then I've dumped TONS of $$$ into it, cracked an engine in half, and put an all new interior in. Im ready to have the car that i built with the best stuff money can buy, be a reliable weekend driver.

But even though i was mad when i made this post, I still have the same feelings about this car. Once i figure out this fuel pump thing, the last stem is a wobble that is comming from somewhere at speeds 80mph plus

Rick 91GT said:
Have you checked the voltage at the pump, how is the pump wired?
The voltage is great 12.5V+++ and on the FAST my voltage looks great all time. I thave a 220amp alt so i think that helps.

for the wireing I used went like this. I used the ignition on wire from under the seat (put a toggle switch there) and then in the trunk i used that to turn on my relay. I used all new wire for my relay (14gauge to the pump), and deleted the inertia switch. I used the ground from the facotry bung, that is where i think my problem lies. I feel the ground wasn't great and that make the pump draw to much current and something overheated. Magnaflow dude robbie says when they get too hot they shut off.

Im just going to let it run for an hour later this afternoon and then i can see what happens and take some temp readings to make sure its not getting too hot.

Is this pump submerged? I'm not really familiar with magnafuel stuff.
If not, someone is making or modifying tanks to submerge the pumps, so they don't burn out so easy.