advice on guages!

LXstang5.0

Dec 23, 2006
Ohio
i need some advice guys!! i got a 3 guage mount on the A pillar and only have 1 guage for it. i have an air/fuel. i was thinking of getting an oil pressure and a water temp but then i kinda want a tranny temp. im in a delimma...

• Sponsors (?)

yes it does, however they tend to be a little inaccurate. alot of guys use aftermarket cause they are more reliable and you can see exactly what the pressure is, once you start doing some more mods (heads, cam, intake) i like to think of it as almost a necessity

for what its worth don't be afraid of a mechanical oil pressure gauge. they are super responsive and its the only thing i have ran for 3 years without a single leak. i would also get a mechanical water temp just cause i don't like having a sending units

Unless the A/F gauge is a WB, I'd consider putting it somewhere else and getting the trans temp gauge you want (I think it's a good one to have). Having flashing lights in your periphery [from a NB gauge] might be annoying anyhow.

You could put the A/F gauge in a single pod under the dash - it might be less distracting.

Or you could do a radio bezel and add another gauge (vacuum is kinda neat, especially if you're SD).

Random thoughts.

Good luck.

for what its worth don't be afraid of a mechanical oil pressure gauge. they are super responsive and its the only thing i have ran for 3 years without a single leak. i would also get a mechanical water temp just cause i don't like having a sending units

+ 1

Might be a little more work putting them in, but to me, its worth it.

i have the "gauge cage" in my vent with 3 gauges.

heres my set up, with a fuel pressure gauge on the cowl

gauges1111.jpg

i was gonna say something about the A?F gauge but figured since you have it already, you may as well keep it