AFM tappet tool

wht87gt

Mar 16, 2003
Oxford, MA
Have any of you guys ever used these tappet tools from Anderson Ford? Or better yet made a set of your own? They're like $50 and I bet they can be made for a lot less. I'm going to be swapping out my e-cam soon and these would make that job A LOT easier.

camtool1.jpg

Attachments

• camtool1.jpg
    camtool1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm not 100% sure yet. I have a TFS stage 1 cam that will work well with my current setup. But I'm also thinking about a custom cam from FTI or AFM. I'm just not sure I want to spend the money on a custom grind when I have the TFS1 cam sitting the garage. I do know that I want to get rid of the damn e-cam one way or the other.

I like the tfs1. That is what i ran in my old motor. This new motor I was running b-cam in it and it sucked. I just swaped it out for an e-cam (free). I'am trying to work out a deal with my buddy to get his 347 kit, If i don't get it Im going to be pulling the e-cam out and geting another tfs1.

Most people seem to like the TFS1 cam and most people hate the e-cam (including me). I will most likely end up using the TFS1 and save the money I would've spent on a custom cam. I'd like to buy a PMS from Anderson Ford this spring so every penny will help.