Aftermarket fuel rail issue

sweet88gt

Jun 25, 2005
Venice FL
OK, I'm trying to get this car back together and the fuel rails are holding me up. I bought them last year at a swap meet. I put them on and I know I need to space them away from the upper intake. I cant seem to make the brackets work to hold the fuel injector down without it leaking fuel. I knew this was going to be a pain when I swapped the new motor in so I am just testing the fuel rail with the upper intake off. Any suggestions on what has worked for you in the past?? By the way I dont know the brand of fuel rail so this could be a problem.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, a little time with a die grinder fixed that problem. If anyone is curious the rails that I had purchased would not fit in there original form. I did a search a found that the Aeromotive rails have a small relief cut in the rail where the screws go to the mounting piont of the lower intake. The rails I have did not have this notch for the screws, but was flat. I took a dremel tool and cuss words and viola!! I aslo made duplicate brackets and drilled the mounting hole slightly higher than the original. This gave me enough to properly fit the rail to the lower intake. I aslo needed a small spacer behind the braket so that the upper intake would fit to the lower without interference from the rail. I used the original brackets and enlarged the hole to match and basically doubled the thickness of the bracket. What a pain but nevertheless that part is complete.
I had done a search in this forum and did not come across anyone would had had the same issue. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

You were smart in checking them before putting the rest of the intake together. It would have been a real pain taking things apart again. I've seen alot of aftermarket parts that I had to "re-engineer" to make them work right.

I have a question about the fuel pressure reg I am using. I still dont have the car together yet but I found out the reg is an Aeromtive A1000. Its says in the Aeromotive web site that this will reference boost at a 1:1 ratio. My question is when I start to make boost is the fuel pressure going to rise at the rate of 1:1 from my base pressure setting?? My old reg would drop in pressure slightly when in boost. I assume this is a better reg. Help a dummy out.:D