ahhh SOB

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
This car hates me :mad: i dont get what is wrong with it...i floor it and it just goes to 2,000 rpm and starts to sputter....what you think is wrong? i replaced the IAC today and no change on cold start ups but after it is warmed up if i shut it off...then start it again it will crank for a second and fire up to 1,500 and then idel at 1,000

what up with it...im out of ideas :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

.. Timing.. Fuel pump.. My one car had that problem and it turned out it had such bad blow by it was causing that to happen..

ive been playing with the timming but i dont have a timming light to see what it is at...

i dont know much about EFIs but i would start with cleaning the throtle bodie and injectors, injector lines?

my car had a awesome sputter from 2000 to 2500 and it was my carb needed a rebuilding

i guess ill do the thorttle body on tuesday after school :( ...whats the best way to go about cleaning the injectors?

anything else that i can run through the engine to try to clean this up without pulling the fuel rail?

Ryan if you need a TPS I'll send you one for price of on the beast. I have about 4 brand new ones... don't ask

Buy a timing light!

Fuel rail is easy to pull, I can get down to the bare lower intake in about ten minutes now from doing it so much lately. Pull off the fuel rail and be sure to finger tighten them all the way down and don't put too much torque on them, I have brokken 3 fuel rail bolts so far :doh:

Pull all the injectors and some places can test them, if you need some I can send you a whole set of 19 #ers that might or might not work, as far as I know the car was running great when I pulled the engine. Replace the caps and orings on the injectors and put some oil on the orings when you are reinstalling them. Run some sea foam thorugh it as well, it does help clean out alot of carbon build up and seemed to help my car.

Good luck with it bud!!

ive been playing with the timming but i dont have a timming light to see what it is at...

i guess ill do the thorttle body on tuesday after school :( ...whats the best way to go about cleaning the injectors?

anything else that i can run through the engine to try to clean this up without pulling the fuel rail?

Also the TB on some of our cars have a special teflon(I believe) coating that you cannot use carb cleaner on, it will eat away the coating; it will have a label on your tb if it didn't peel off, my stock one did.

IN YO FACE lol

Quit doggin on him he has a project car that he is fixin up, no sense in wasting a fox that can be restored.

Ryan if your car is not throwin codes then it probably isn't the tps, but if you want one any way PM me.