Aluminum Radiator/Fan CFM Question

Cupid

Mar 30, 2006
I bought a universal radiator at the advice of the Summit Cust Serv. As you can see from the pics, the radiator fits pretty darn good! The problems are 1) My Ford Taurus fan is a little too thick and 2) the lower (driver side) hose sticks up at a 45* angle....:eek: It points at the pwr steering pump.

Questions: 1) Since I will be going with a skinnier fan, what CFM can I get away with? 2) Can anybody make a recommendation on a hose that can bend pretty darn good w/o binding up. I need to make 2 significant bends. I'm talking close to 90* bends.

I have a newly built 351 Cleveland, Alum Heads, Air Gap Intake, Roller Rockers, Vintage Air A/C, P/S, blah, blah, blah...hasn't even been started yet...:rolleyes:

Thanks

Oh, '70 Mustang

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Sponsors (?)

cut the shroud down to get some clearance and use some rubber trim on the edge so it wont eat the core and remove the radiator,get a grinder and make cut into the lower hose outlet on top and bottom and bend it down then have a radiator shop(or good welder) fill in the cuts.

My hose was fine with the upward angle, but thats what I would have done to mine