Am I just too tall??

• Sponsors (?)

6'3", '00 Vert, seat all the way back, slight recline, maybe 2 notches, feels snug but fit good. Also, drop the top and I have plenty of room....... Also had a snug fit in our '66 Coupe but I have to much fun driving them to be bothered.

I am barely 5'6" and I can hardly fit. I have the seat on the lowest position, but my hair is usually gelled and spikey (about an inch higher then my head), and that rubs on the roof. In the mornings (people are taller in the morning, when there body is still stretched out from sleeping), I crush my hair on the roof all the time. I have my seat back about 40% of the way, and reclined about 25% of the way. Any further back and it is uncomfortable, and wouldn't make much of a difference anyways.

lets just say i have no problem with room in my car:nice:

when i was in school a guy in my class was saying how much he liked '94-98 mustangs and wanted to buy one. he said he drove a '98 gt someone was selling and he liked it

i kinda laughed and joked around that there's NO way he'd fit in one. he was 6'8.
i let him sit in may car (he had to move the seat back a little) and he fit. his head wasn't touching the roof and he said legroom was fine. when he put his arm out the window he could almost touch the ground:eek:

Yeah I had the same problem. My knees were VERY close to the steering wheel and bumped it a lot when using the clutch. Guess I may just hafta stick with the ole fox. That s197 car is just too much money for me right now.

notch22 said:
Hey guys, quick question. I drove an 02 GT yesterday and it seemed like I was too tall for the car. I am 6'4". How tall are you guys? I dont really know too much about the workings of these style cars.....is there any difference in travel between the electric and manual seat rails? I really want this car, but I dont want to deal with cramming myself in it....:nonono:

Get your self a set of aftermarket seats and ditch the stock seats.You will gain a couple inches.I am 6'2" and noticed quite a difference after installing the corbeaus.

I'm 6'2" and have zero issues.
Got one buddy with a 96 cobra he is 6'4" and he has no issues.
Another local guy has a 00 gt and he is 6'10" and he has no problems.

Did you try playing with the seat? some prefer it raised or lowered for their legs.

i'm 6'2 and with the seats all the way back was still alittle cramped, i bought the Kenny Brown seat rail extender kit (extra 4 inches of seat travel) and have lots of extra room.
I have an extra set if anyone is interested PM me...since Kenny Brown is no longer in around.