Am I just too tall??

notch22

Aug 24, 2004
Katy, TX
Hey guys, quick question. I drove an 02 GT yesterday and it seemed like I was too tall for the car. I am 6'4". How tall are you guys? I dont really know too much about the workings of these style cars.....is there any difference in travel between the electric and manual seat rails? I really want this car, but I dont want to deal with cramming myself in it....:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm 6ft. and have my seat set about 95% of the way back. I think they make some rail extenders that will let the seat go back even further for you taller guys. Not sure where to find them though.

I'm 6'3" and I fit fine...I actually don't have the seat all the way back. I felt cramped as well the first time I drove this model Stang, but drive it a few more times, and you'll find it fits like a glove. However, its not feel as open as your Fox body.

I am 6' and I don't like the seating position in my stang I think the seats on the GT sucks azz:mad: :notnice: I am looking in to aftermarkets that sits lower than stock ones,I steal don't have solid information on what seat gonna work weal for me.

trailblz said:
I'm 6'3" and I fit fine...I actually don't have the seat all the way back. I felt cramped as well the first time I drove this model Stang, but drive it a few more times, and you'll find it fits like a glove. However, its not feel as open as your Fox body.

Since you say that, something is wrong here. That seat was definitely all the way back.....heck I dont think there is any way that I could drive it only 95% of the way back.

yeah...I am not that tall (5' 10") but I felt cramped in my 02 Gt because of how high up the seat sits. I wish there was a kit to just lower the stock seats for now. But just like you I came from a f250 xtra cab and a 90 lx 5.0 so it feels weird at first but as stated...you will get use to it