Another Exhaust Question

• Sponsors (?)

droptopford 5 0 said:
i think i know the sound you are talking about... does it almost sound kind of hollow and raspy from a distance, but you KNOW its a stang? in my opinion, if you're looking for the classic exotic 4.6 sound,

COnsidering we are "describing" sound on the internet...I think you are and I are thinking of the same sound but the way you described it...and YES, it seems to be mainly on the 4.6's.

Having said that, and with the price of Mac as low as they are, I may go with those.

Jason, I dont want dumps...I havent heard the clips yet, but I will...I just want to have my 11-yo flows cut out and have some Macs welded in.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE BEST PLACE TO BUY THEM IS? (and exactly which ones to get (offset, size, etc?)

RC

94GTLaserRC said:
Thanks Joe...Im assuming that they are not far from Mustang Specialties?

Is that place just for sales, or do they install too?
Thanks
RC

Nevermind...I just answered my own question...They only SELL the parts...but it may be cheaper than shipping.

IM not too sure which ones I would need...I would have to let them look at it I guess.

They are about 1 mile N. Of M.S., according to the sales lady.

RC

I thought of that Rog...Im waiting to call a couple of shops to see what the difference in $$ would be....If it's only a little bit, I may go that route to get all the new stuff...Only thing is I have those nice chrome tips that cost me about $90 a few years back.

RC

Rog---tried calling and AIM you today.

94GTLaserRC said:
I thought of that Rog...Im waiting to call a couple of shops to see what the difference in $$ would be....If it's only a little bit, I may go that route to get all the new stuff...Only thing is I have those nice chrome tips that cost me about $90 a few years back.

RC

Rog---tried calling and AIM you today.
sorry abotu not picking up the phone, ive been swamped at work today. if you go with the mac exhaust, it comes with chrome tips.....my recommendation would be the 2.5" flowmaster american thunder. you can get the bolt on cat back for less than $300 and reuse your chrome tips. that would be the way i would go.

mytight95 said:
i was telling him i wanted them......LMAO...... not tryin to tell you what to do...

jason

I didnt take it that way...I was just trying to figure out why those would be better.

Roger, what makes the Flows you suggested better than MAC or the Flows that I already have (3-chamber)

RC