Another Question For You Guys with a 93 Throttle Body

2L8ULUZ2

Will kiss Moderator ass for title
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2000
WNC
After reading over the swap I have started to assemble the parts to swap my car over to the older style throttle body. Now the next thing I need to know is what deg of a bend do I need when I come off the throttle body? I am going to make my own version of a power pipe with some 3.5in aluminum pipe and have my buddy tig weld it for me. From the ones I have seen it looks like a 45deg bend but I want to make sure before I order up the pipe to make everything.

• Sponsors (?)

2L8ULUZ2 said:
After reading over the swap I have started to assemble the parts to swap my car over to the older style throttle body. Now the next thing I need to know is what deg of a bend do I need when I come off the throttle body? I am going to make my own version of a power pipe with some 3.5in aluminum pipe and have my buddy tig weld it for me. From the ones I have seen it looks like a 45deg bend but I want to make sure before I order up the pipe to make everything.

I wish I could tell you the exact numbers of degrees that bend is but I cant. Dont have this stuff anymore since I'm stock now. But I'm pretty sure it is a 45degree bend like you said.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/15622/im003742aa.jpg

Go buy some cheap rubber 45degree elbow at home depot just to see what it looks like on the tb. You'll have a good idea of the angle. Get a refund after. Jut a thought.

You made mentioned of using the 93 Cobra??? Bend needed depends on the upper to...I ended up using a CL with the 93....I started fabbing piping but the transition was kinda funky and a 45 wasnt quite right..

RIO5.0 said:
You made mentioned of using the 93 Cobra??? Bend needed depends on the upper to...I ended up using a CL with the 93....I started fabbing piping but the transition was kinda funky and a 45 wasnt quite right..

Thanks! I was looking at the c&l pipe for the 93 and wondered if it worked. I think I am going with the one that is ceramic coated since i am getting a polished tb for this project and add a little shine to my motor.

Here you go....CL and a small 45 to get the MAF into the fenderwell did it for me...shock tower is real close with the 93 turn wise so the CL is the rats ass for gettin it done...One pc would be nice, but as i mentioned, its crazy making the turn look "mandrel" so to say...

blk_vcs_1.jpg

I used an FRPP 65 and you can see there's not lot of space to play...The lenght of the 93 kinda kill anything this side of straight...:D

motor_pic_04.jpg