Antifreeze line

Hello, I am looking for help finding out what would this part with the three hose clamps on it is? It's for a antifreeze line . It dry rotted and a it sprang a leak. Did what I could while in the yoad to make it back home. Any help is appreciated as always . It's a rubber plug or insert over the top of the hole.
IMG_20240509_071939_HDR.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I had a buddy cut that port off and tig weld it shut. Crap thing is you have to remove the whole assembly to do it. I just bought a new one and had him weld that up and then when I reworked the cold air kit on my car I replaced it. I then had him weld the old one up as a spare. I just got tired of replacing the vacuum cap once a year over the last 15 years. They will last longer than a year but mine leaked one time like yours and just about stranded me so I made it a yearly maintenance thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Vacuum caps don't really last that long in that spot. The heat cycling and coolant causes them to fail.

I used a 6-8" piece of 1/4" heater/coolant line, with a clamp on the heater line, and a stainless bolt in the other side with a clamp. Seems hack, but I actually use this when doing coolant flushes to rid the system of air since it's the highest point in the system. I've probably gone this route for 20+ years without issue.

When i redid my engine, i wanted to get the version without the nipple, but I liked my method too much to give it up.

Reactions: 2 users