Any Ideas on cost?

J.Cagle

Jul 20, 2009
SouthEast Kansas
Hit two animals in less than 12 hours...not good

Was driving home tonight and hit a big ol monster of a racoon at 55mph. It busted my lower grille insert into 4 peices and literally ripped it out of the bumper. The three verticle bars in the bumper are ripped off and the bumper is bent and mangled. It also busted the splash shield into a bunch of pieces. Apon further inspection, I noticed it bent my ac condensor way in and smashed all the lower fins flat. Any body know right off hand how much a new front bumper, lower grille/splash shield, and ac condensor is? Wanting to see if its gonna cost enough to fix that my insurance will pay for it. Im hoping it cost a bunch to fix, and that they will cover it. I do paint and body work so I can fix it myself waaay cheaper and add a few aftermarket pieces while im at it if the insurance check allows. I hate when stuff like this happens, and it always happens to me. :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

well, My luck turned from bad to worse. I hit the racoon last night and damaged the front end. This morning on the way to work I hit a deer! I now have a huuuuge list of parts needed and an estimate of right at $7,000!!! I'll try to get pictures posted up soon. I just hope its not totaled:(

025.jpg

doesn't look too bad in the picture, but just about everything needs replaced. Makes for a depressing day

WOW!!!!! I feel your pain, but fret not as it's not even close to being totaled and is easily fixed! Now is the time to make any changes! The factory hood is $850 alone:eek: ...I know!
Mine went through a very similar situation and look at her now:D
3095931455_efeb39cf4a_b.jpg

$850 for a hood? My ford dealer wants $1,200! I want to go with a custom hood but the body shop manager is trying to steer me away from the idea b/c he is concerned about fitment issues, and doesnt know what isurance will say about it. I think I will buy a chin spoiler to have installed and painted while the front bumper is being painted. A factory replacement grille is only $70 on the estimate. I was really hoping it was more so I could upgrade grilles while its getting repaired. Did your car have any structure damage kooldawg? Mine is going to have to have the radiator support cut out and replaced :-(

Also, my car is only a 2005. So it's not real new. I know insurance will total a vehicle if the repair will cost a certain percentage of the cars value. I cant remember that percentage tho. I would say my estimate is well over 1/3 of the value of my car tho. Just guessing.

Posted via Mobile Deviceit has to be 75% for most insurance to total it. dont get fixed at the dealer. find a shop with a good reputation. if an adjuster writes 800 on just a hood then get the shop to order any hood you want and same for bumpers etc.

Did your car have any structure damage kooldawg? Mine is going to have to have the radiator support cut out and replaced :-(

Yeah. They had to replace the radiator support as well. Along with the passenger side tie rod. All else was ok.

Steel Horse
Kool did you come into the garage a little to hot? That's some pretty gnarly damage.
No, but their shop tech did! :rlaugh:
All I had to pay was my $250 deductible for the original hood repair and then about $500 for all of the extra/custom work done. All in all it was just over $8500. I'd say I made out pretty good:nice: I know the value took a hit, but I plan on keeping her for as long as I can:D

$850 for a hood? My ford dealer wants $1,200! I want to go with a custom hood but the body shop manager is trying to steer me away from the idea b/c he is concerned about fitment issues, and doesnt know what isurance will say about it. (
The CDC/Foose aluminum hood is on sale for $600 painted. They have VB. I like that hood:nice:

That is some terrible luck, sorry to hear about it, you must be losing some sleep over this; I would be.

Kool, did you get the GT500 front instead of doing factory parts? Just curious, that kinda make me want to...uhhh, hit..something?

J.Cagle, I would replace with all GT500 parts, here is your perfect chance.