Anyone ever dealt with BuyFordRacing.com?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
WOW thats ridulous! I ordered a pair of brake calipers a while back from them and had no problems but i did notice they didnt send me tracking info or anything and there was no contact number.

Suffice to say after reading all this and the other threads i will never order from them again, that is horrible customer service and it sounds like someone needs an ass whoopin over there...

you should send them an email linking this thread and the other ones..

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered a 10th anniv shift knob and what I got was some kind of grey market crap or counterfeit part it was garbage would not stay tight, spun and was always crooked.

Ford Racing Parts and Accessories at great prices

I attempted to purchase a set of 4.10 gears from them the other night. Apparently somewhere in the billing information I provided them I made a typo of some sort, meaning that my billing information did not match.

I received an email saying that the information provided was incorrect and the order was cancelled. Ok, no big deal I'll just reorder.

Despite the order being cancelled, they still charged my credit card the entire fee of the gears (billing information was incorrect but they decided to charge it anyway LOL).

So, it's been a few days and the fee hasn't been credited back to my account to I send them this email:

"Hello. I received an email stating that my order was cancelled yet my credit card was still charged the $139 fee? Thanks"

I just now get their reply:

"If you would have supplied the correct information that would not have happened. Ask your credit card for the money"

........WHAT? Talk about top-notch customer service :nice:

After reading their response, I sent them this:

"Talk about excellent customer service. It was so exceptional that I will now be creating discussion threads on ever mustang enthusiast website elaborating just how well you treat your potential customers. Have a nice day."

So much for any future business with these *******s.

Man, sorry to hear about your experience. Service should be a top priority these days, instead it seems that more often than not it's worse. Please let us know if we can help!

Another victim of the hacks at buyfordracing. I can't believe Ford Racing even lets them sell their parts.

The only reason that they are in business is they have some of the lowest prices, and in this day and age, it seems that reputation has almost no effect on a business's success on the internet. People will buy the absolute cheapest one they can find.

I, along with MANY others, have had a bad experience with them (my thread was linked in this thread) and will NEVER buy from them again. I don't care if they beat their competitors' price by 90%. There are still several stand up businesses out there to buy parts from, so I will go to them. I have learned my lesson (even though it only cost me a few bucks and some aggravation from the immature e-thug who is the email contact at buyfordracing), and will never do business with a supplier based solely on price ever again.

I turn every customer away from them as possible, both online and in person. I posted threads on svtperformance.com, sn95forums.com, stangnet.com, and our local board. Any time I see a topic of someone considering a purchase with a link to them, I warn the OP of their reputation. If I have any part in making sure money doesn't go in their pockets, I feel I have done my part to contribute to cleaning up the deadbeats in the mustang hobby.

That is ridiculous. Even though they knew that the credit card information was incorrect(could of been a possible stolen credit card.....and they knew because it did not match up) they STILL charged the card AFTER they already sent you a email saying the order was canceled......:nonono:.:notnice: WOW!

Screw them. I will never order from them.,,,This issue has been going on for some time now with them, surprised they are still in business

First off when you run a credit card you do not find out if the address matches until you run it. Once the card is ran, then the bank tells the merchant via AVS if the address matches or not. If it does not the merchant has the choice to decline the sale. Even if the merchant declines the sale the bank still holds the money 3-4 days because there is an approval code. At that point the merchant can not do anything because they do not have the money. Everyone on post seems to forget that the customer supplied the wrong information to begin with. I went to their sight and it seems very explicit to provide the correct billing information up front. It sounds to me that Buyfordracing did nothing wrong. They seem to be upset at buyfordracing for something they have no control over.

First off when you run a credit card you do not find out if the address matches until you run it. Once the card is ran, then the bank tells the merchant via AVS if the address matches or not. If it does not the merchant has the choice to decline the sale. Even if the merchant declines the sale the bank still holds the money 3-4 days because there is an approval code. At that point the merchant can not do anything because they do not have the money. Everyone on post seems to forget that the customer supplied the wrong information to begin with. I went to their sight and it seems very explicit to provide the correct billing information up front. It sounds to me that Buyfordracing did nothing wrong. They seem to be upset at buyfordracing for something they have no control over.

should have named your self buyfordracing.... lol I'm assuming this is damage control.

should have named your self buyfordracing.... lol I'm assuming this is damage control.

No, why would you assume that. At work we run into this all the time. I cannot tell you how many countless times I have been on the phone with customers explaining this exact same scenario. In the end it turns out the same way.

So you don't think that buyfordracing did anything wrong or could have handled the situation any differently?

No, why would you assume that. At work we run into this all the time. I cannot tell you how many countless times I have been on the phone with customers explaining this exact same scenario. In the end it turns out the same way.

How did you treat your customers in this scenario? Did you treat them like **** too?

A little customer service goes a long way. If they would have treated the situation better, the problem could have been resolved and saved the sale.

By lucky do you mean that you knew the correct address the credit card bill comes to each month? What if they didn't care if you knew the address and just sent a ring and pinion to the address you supplied? You probably would complain about not getting the ring and pinion. What if that address was a vacant house and you had your parts sent there and then claimed you never got them? Should everybody else pay more because you scammed your parts for free. They do not have your money. The bank has put a TEMPORARY hold on the $139. After 1-3 days the money is available again. Everybody forgets that had YOU supplied the correct information none of this would have happened. Two words.........PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

This is exactly what I was inquiring about in my original email. The cancellation of the order is not the issue here, it's how they decided to handle my emails. Like I said, I understood completely that I may have made a mistake of some kind somewhere on the order form. I had every intention of reordering once I received my money back. Their website clearly states that you would not be charged for any cancellations and I emailed them to clarify the situation. The issue here was their response.

By lucky do you mean that you knew the correct address the credit card bill comes to each month? What if they didn't care if you knew the address and just sent a ring and pinion to the address you supplied? You probably would complain about not getting the ring and pinion. What if that address was a vacant house and you had your parts sent there and then claimed you never got them? Should everybody else pay more because you scammed your parts for free. They do not have your money. The bank has put a TEMPORARY hold on the $139. After 1-3 days the money is available again. Everybody forgets that had YOU supplied the correct information none of this would have happened. Two words.........PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

Welcome to Stangnet BuyFordRacing :welcome:

Feel free to read my original post as many times as necessary in order to understand what the issue is here (since you STILL dont seem to understand).

Buyfordracing

If this is your idea of damage control, I hope you go out of business.:nice: