Anyone ever dealt with BuyFordRacing.com?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
  • Sponsors (?)

First off when you run a credit card you do not find out if the address matches until you run it. Once the card is ran, then the bank tells the merchant via AVS if the address matches or not. If it does not the merchant has the choice to decline the sale. Even if the merchant declines the sale the bank still holds the money 3-4 days because there is an approval code. At that point the merchant can not do anything because they do not have the money. Everyone on post seems to forget that the customer supplied the wrong information to begin with. I went to their sight and it seems very explicit to provide the correct billing information up front. It sounds to me that Buyfordracing did nothing wrong. They seem to be upset at buyfordracing for something they have no control over.

No, why would you assume that. At work we run into this all the time. I cannot tell you how many countless times I have been on the phone with customers explaining this exact same scenario. In the end it turns out the same way.

By lucky do you mean that you knew the correct address the credit card bill comes to each month? What if they didn't care if you knew the address and just sent a ring and pinion to the address you supplied? You probably would complain about not getting the ring and pinion. What if that address was a vacant house and you had your parts sent there and then claimed you never got them? Should everybody else pay more because you scammed your parts for free. They do not have your money. The bank has put a TEMPORARY hold on the $139. After 1-3 days the money is available again. Everybody forgets that had YOU supplied the correct information none of this would have happened. Two words.........PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

Right now is one of those moments that I wish I hadn't resigned my moderator position. I'd love to check these IP addresses, just for kicks. If they don't match, I bet they're close in vicinity to one another.

:lol:

This is beyond hilarious.

Sure, it IS the customers personal responsibility to make sure all info is valid and accurate. But guess what? People make mistakes. I highly doubt NightFire did it purposely to start **** with BFR.

There is NO, NONE, ZERO reason to treat a customer like that. It is NOT hard to type "Dear valued customer, it seems that your addresses did not match. We will be happy to refund your money, or if you rather, please send us the correct billing and shipping address and we will ship your product as normal upon receiving it", even if you are shooting fire out of your ears on the opposite end of the phone/computer/whatever!!!

The **** isn't that hard. I've been over this 500 times in my courses at school. NEVER treat the customer like **** even if they are treating you as such. If you let them be *******s (which the OP isn't), at the end of the day you can still usually say "haha, got yer money, sucker" if that is your attitude. And chances are they won't go making threads about this which can ruin a business.

By the way, welcome to StangNet BFR... it's kind of obvious.

Learn something from this, perhaps pull your heads out of your asses and MAKE RIGHT with the customer instead of piss them off and send your business elsewhere.

If you want to stay in business, you need to learn how to not bite the hand that feeds you. A little respect goes a long way. If you have to be a dick at your job, do us all a favor and take up a job that doesn't involve dealing with customers. If I owned BFR, personally, I'd NOT employ any single person that was an ******* to my customers. I am really shocked that the owner hires people with that attitude.

And for what it's worth, but BBB can't do anything. They aren't government run like many people think they are. They are a private business that has a fairly strong influence on how people perceive a business. However, they can provide some pretty strong information and claims if it ever was needed in certain situations.

i had exactly the same issue with them ordering gears , told me billing information is different than country of shipping (i use a shipping company to minimize costs shipping all the way here) , when i tried to mail them they simply said they wont do business with me :) . not the friendliest business around and i was simply disgusted by their reply. id rather pay Jegs an extra $10 and get a top quality service rather than some idiots who gives you a hard time over a $100 part value.

By lucky do you mean that you knew the correct address the credit card bill comes to each month? What if they didn't care if you knew the address and just sent a ring and pinion to the address you supplied? You probably would complain about not getting the ring and pinion. What if that address was a vacant house and you had your parts sent there and then claimed you never got them? Should everybody else pay more because you scammed your parts for free. They do not have your money. The bank has put a TEMPORARY hold on the $139. After 1-3 days the money is available again. Everybody forgets that had YOU supplied the correct information none of this would have happened. Two words.........PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

You're not addressing the issue/problem here.

The problem is the customer service and rude, childish emails. Now, explain that...

When a vendor starts responding directly to criticisms in a thread it always goes one of two ways...

1) the vendor is apologetic, makes the situation right, and everyone gives them a second chance

2) the vendor is defensive and confrontational and just makes it oh so much worse

There is no advertising like word of mouth you better choose your path carefully mon. We all know how credit cards work, we all know the deal on address verification for security reasons. And we all know the difference between good customer service and a mouthy confrontational punk dissing everyone who tries to contact the vendor with an issue.

Pretty much everyone in the thread is an active poster on multiple forums, wouldn't it be better for you to solve the problem and apologize even if you feel you are in the right?

Good luck.

i ordered my cobra mirrors form one of their ebay auctions. DHL either lost my package or delivered it to the wrong house. i went round and round with them for weeks before threatening to do a charge back on my CC before they shipped my replacements out

Is this thread is going around the other boards. Any buddy have links?

You also need to post this in the off topic sections, 3v sections.

Right now is one of those moments that I wish I hadn't resigned my moderator position. I'd love to check these IP addresses, just for kicks. If they don't match, I bet they're close in vicinity to one another.

Now I remember why I haven’t posted to this forum in 5 years. I thought I was contributing to the poster's question/problem. Instead it has turned into a room of kids making in my opinion ridiculous accusations. Now I remember why I like SVTperformance forums. Thank you all for reminding me. I guess in my old age I forget things. But I will say I am flattered to think I own a company instead just a 98 Cobra. Sorry to disappoint BUT MAYBE SOME OF YOU CAN ADD TO THE STORY AND MYTH. HAVE FUN.

Now I remember why I haven’t posted to this forum in 5 years. I thought I was contributing to the poster's question/problem. Instead it has turned into a room of kids making in my opinion ridiculous accusations. Now I remember why I like SVTperformance forums. Thank you all for reminding me. I guess in my old age I forget things. But I will say I am flattered to think I own a company instead just a 98 Cobra. Sorry to disappoint BUT MAYBE SOME OF YOU CAN ADD TO THE STORY AND MYTH. HAVE FUN.

Sorry if you're being wrongly accused, but I hope you can understand why it's easy to jump to conclusions in a situation like this.

Your join date is pretty old, so you didn't just sign up and post all this... but it's the low post count and just jumping in here that makes people wonder.

No hard feelings if you aren't BFR. But I wouldn't be flattered to have someone think I owned that company, lol.

Now I remember why I like SVTperformance forums.
If you are saying that SVTP is better than this place then you are indeed stupid.

There are no kids on the thread, for example I am 44 and I am sick of vendors not caring. Sure SVTP coddles their vendors so you may like being shielded from well deserved criticism over there. That is no big surprise...

However if you listened to what people (men, not boys) are saying in the thread you would be a better vendor for it. Too bad you're not listening.

Now go teabag LL and keep disrespecting customers asking for help, sounds like a great business model :rolleyes:

If you are saying that SVTP is better than this place then you are indeed stupid.

There are no kids on the thread, for example I am 44 and I am sick of vendors not caring. Sure SVTP coddles their vendors so you may like being shielded from well deserved criticism over there. That is no big surprise...

However if you listened to what people (men, not boys) are saying in the thread you would be a better vendor for it. Too bad you're not listening.

Now go teabag LL and keep disrespecting customers asking for help, sounds like a great business model :rolleyes:

WOW! I can honestly say I am sorry for ever posting on this site. I had a little free time and thought I could add some insight. Like I said when I have tech issues I usually go to the svtperformance forum because there are alot of knowledgeable people there. This place seems surreal. People here seem to have all the answers and know who is doing the posting, but when placing an order on a website shopping cart can not provide their correct billing information. Maybe they should close this thread because it is not productive for anyone. :lock:

WOW! I can honestly say I am sorry for ever posting on this site. I had a little free time and thought I could add some insight. Like I said when I have tech issues I usually go to the svtperformance forum because there are alot of knowledgeable people there. This place seems surreal. People here seem to have all the answers and know who is doing the posting, but when placing an order on a website shopping cart can not provide their correct billing information. Maybe they should close this thread because it is not productive for anyone. :lock:

Funny you keep bringing that up......The OP already admitted he messed up the billing address and just wanted to know why he was charged when the order was canceled(says on there/your site nobody will be charge for canceled orders). Anyone would ask why they were charged when a site says that they wont be. It was the halfass customer service replys what brought this thread about, not how he messed up with the card info......

Wow personal vendettas against forum members. Really great site and really productive. Just for your info "Chickens are done people are finished." Again Have fun!

This guy thinks we're idiots:nonono::rlaugh:,:mad: we understand that OP made a mistake but, putting food in BFR mouths kind'a trumph's that mistake:nice:, you act like money is easy to let go of, when you do, you trust that the person you're giving it to has enough respect to think "That I am one of many of thousands of Douches that sell product like this and I am blessed to be the chosen Douche." The OP feels disrespected, thats worth a refund and probaly a hand job from your favorite **** star. You go around disrespecting people that just gave you a favor, you life will eventually be lived in guilt around other Douches. Now find another forum. P.S. We can eventually tap into this persons sales if we are persistant enough. Food for thought.:ban: