Apten cooling mod

Well,
Finally got the Apten cooling mod installed on my first run 03, 3k miles ended up being rather extensive. Eric @ Laferierre Racing did a hell of a job with Matt. Apparently its rather involved with removal of the tranny to effectively get to it. I also took the liberty of having FMS subs welded in and replaced the tranny fluid with Mobil-1 ATF. Now I feel that I had some weak areas reinforced before they developed problems. I am very happy with the results so far. I just hope this mod is as effective in real conditions as it is in theory. Now just waiting for the Dyno and more importantly THE TRACK!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running the Mobil 1 synthetic ATF myself. I love the stuff personally, my tranny shifts smoother and runs quieter... then again it doesn't get very cold here in Alabama. I've heard that the Mobil 1 ATF makes the T-56 a little notchy when it's really cold out.

U.M.

Yea,
Its still quite chilly in the mornings and later in the evenings up in New England. Thats when I really noticed the notchy shifter. So I figured what the hey may as well put the good stuff in while the trannys down. Ive had similar results as the shifter is MUCH smoother and substantially more quiet.(esp with PRO-5.0) :D