Are we lucky as far as part prices?

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Just looking around Ebay Motors, saw a few rebuilt with warrenty/new T-45's for 750 bucks not including core charge, which would make it around 950 or so. That really doesnt seem too too bad, I figured itd be a bit more for one.

Engine wise, I know 4.6's arent cheap unless you get a used one... kinda sucks, but oh well welcome to OHC land.

But aside from that, how do other parts compare for prices?

• Sponsors (?)

hell no!!!!
modulars and cheap don't go in the same sentence. We still get raped for parts...$600 dollars for headers...WTF..its only steel tubing. $450 for a catted X....probably a 800% markup over cost. Cams are $600 and the list goes on....you can get 5.0 cam for under $200 so $400 would be fair for a set for us.

You can buy some BBK longtubes for $380, lol. Catted midpipes are expensive as crap, I agree on that.

Cams are expensive, but we use two compared to the 5.0's 1...

I guess it goes both ways.

5.0 parts are still way cheaper to buy. Trust me i know as it's a tough decision to buy mods for my 4.6L when i can get more for my money on the 5.0 :(

I can buy a set of AL heads for the price of a pair of cams

well I think that will change int he next 5 years.. In the northeast where salt EATS cars, I see way more 4.6 stangs on the road now. 6-7 years ago 5.0's were like bellybuttons hell I have a friend who totaled 12 of them in the early to mid 90's the 4.6 cars and now starting to filter there way into the hands of people that are more likey to mod them.

yup, now i go weeks without seeing a 5.0.

Doesn't bother me as i like driving a car you don't see every day. Gets a lot more attention that way.

I see at least 2-3 99+ GT's a day and maybe 10-15 99+ V6's a day :(

Mustang5L5 said:
yup, now i go weeks without seeing a 5.0.

Doesn't bother me as i like driving a car you don't see every day. Gets a lot more attention that way.

I see at least 2-3 99+ GT's a day and maybe 10-15 99+ V6's a day :(

have you also noticed the prices have gone up.. 6-7 years ago I was looking at 5.0's and found many of them in decent shape for reasonable prices. now all the nice ones are going for more than they did 7-8 years ago.

svttech76 said:
have you also noticed the prices have gone up.. 6-7 years ago I was looking at 5.0's and found many of them in decent shape for reasonable prices. now all the nice ones are going for more than they did 7-8 years ago.

No joke man, its insane. People are trying to sell LX's and GT's in my area for around 6-8k in decent/good shape. A mint fox is around 7-9k if its stock, its insane for a car that is over 13 years old at least.