are you attached to your mustang?

Lately ive been thinking about what I want to do with my car. Supercharge, all out NA, etc...But every time I think about what I want to do I hear a little voice in the back of my head saying..."terminator" "terminator"!! lol. I want one so bad, but ive become attached to my GT.

I want to get the terminator Tork Tech kit, but why spend the $4-5k on that when I can get a 03-04 and be fine with 4xx hp and then know I have the room to expand when the time comes..

hmmm...decisions, decisions..

• Sponsors (?)

I love my car, but i'm not attached to it. It's a car, I bought it for transportation. Not getting too attached to it makes it easier when some jackass pulls out in front of you, and the car is gone.

Sorta, I really like my car, but I wouldn't be discontented if my car was wrecked and I got a 99-04 of some sort (GT, Mach, or Cobra) because I've always like their looks better, and they make more power.

Honestly, if I went back 2 years in time, I would stop spending money on my car and just start saving money for a Termi. Then, I'd have my car as a daily driver, and then when I saved enough, I'd have a nice Terminator and be done with it. When I think about it, the amount I've spend on my car so far would put a BIG down payment on a much nicer car.

I hear what you're saying.
With the money I've put in my GT I could have pretty much bought a cobra.

But, I still love my car, if I sold it wouldn't get near what's in it, so what do?

I think ill just save some money, put a blower and be done with it.

Absolutely. Over the decades, I've had many cars that I kick myself for getting rid of. This was only one of dozens of plain ol' GT's on a lot back in '02. I chose it over the newly released Mach1 and soon to be released SVT for that reason. Its simplicity. This car was bought to be a long time keeper and it's been everything I expected. New cars to drool over come and go, but I'll never give up this GT for one. It is, and has always been, here to stay.

Not getting too attached to it makes it easier when some jackass pulls out in front of you, and the car is gone.

This ^.

I didn't think I was attached to my GT until it got plowed. Not being able to drive really sucks, I really miss it.

The only way I would get rid of my GT is if I get into a position to be able to get a Mach or a Terminator, if I have to let it go to do that. I mean, why would I miss a GT if I've got something better in the same (or similar) wrapper?

My current plan is fixing my GT, and just keeping it anyway, even when I eventually get a Mach or Terminator, and let my wife DD the GT, retiring her 90 from that duty. Then I have two new edges, two foxes, and two 68s, even though one fox and one classic aren't driveable. It'd still be cool.

I do the same thing over getting a 03 04 cobra. But I owe $1800 on my car and it's paid for. Everybody knows the 03 04 Cobra's are nasty but they are built from the factory to be nasty. I'm gonna keep building the GT until I can't build anymore. Building it is the fun to me.

I am very attached to my car. It's the only way for me to keep working and like my job. If I start hating my job, I will go outside the nuclear plant and look my car over and realized why I am working so hard. I will never stop modding my car, It's my cocaine!

The car I have now is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. I went out cruisng with some friends last night and I was constantly get compliments on how good my car looks. I have never had that happen before. It makes you feel good about what your doing with people are surrounding your car bragging on how good it looks.

I also debating at one time on selling my car and getting a termi. BUT, the way I looked at it was. I could get maybe $6,000 out of my car. Then the termi I want is $18,000. With that $12,000 extra I would spend on a termi, my car could look better, and absolutly DOMINATE that termi with that money.

I am very attached to my car. It's the only way for me to keep working and like my job. If I start hating my job, I will go outside the nuclear plant and look my car over and realized why I am working so hard. I will never stop modding my car, It's my cocaine!

The car I have now is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. I went out cruisng with some friends last night and I was constantly get compliments on how good my car looks. I have never had that happen before. It makes you feel good about what your doing with people are surrounding your car bragging on how good it looks.

I also debating at one time on selling my car and getting a termi. BUT, the way I looked at it was. I could get maybe $6,000 out of my car. Then the termi I want is $18,000. With that $12,000 extra I would spend on a termi, my car could look better, and absolutly DOMINATE that termi with that money.

Damn.... Couldn't have said it better myself.

I love the termi's but If I got one, I'd probably miss my GT somethin fierce... especially considering the awesome deal I got on mine...
Ya... it's a termi, but the new 5.0 would still romp it anyway... although the new edge styling (I think) is still the best looking Mustang

Im not really attached to my current car at all. Probably has to do with the fact its an automatic. I bought the auto so the wife can drive it too because its a vert, but its just a bit disappointing everytime you drive it and have to put it into D or R and then have no more fun. Oh well, live and learn no more automatic performance cars.

That's a tough call. It's easy to get attached to your car and not want to get rid of it, especially if you've had it for a while and done a lot of customizing to it. But then sometimes there can be something newer and better that catches your eye and really makes you shift things in the other direction! :shrug:
I've had mine for 6 years now, and I've always had fun driving it and doing different upgrades to it. However, I'm pretty sure that I could see myself selling it someday. As much as I'd hate to, I would get rid of it for something else depending on what I really truly wanted, or perhaps whatever future circumstances ever came up.
Oh, and just a little side note... they say that once you've named your car, you're pretty much hooked and it's much harder to lose it! :p