Average cost for Clutch install

• Sponsors (?)

With a 5.0 engine??

Was it swapped in?

What is the transmission behind it and is it a 10.5" clutch or an 11"

Would also depend on what type of clutch you want to run. Can vary from $200 to $500 plus labor. $200-300 or so? Depends on if it's a t-45, t-5, or t-56 and if you want the flywheel resurfaced as well (add $50 or so)

Clutch install

Thanks everyone.

I am not sure exactly what is in the car.

This car belongs to a friend of my wife.

My wife wants me to help get the clutch fixed for her friend.

I have never replaced a clutch before, and was just going to get it done a transmission shop.

I want to have a avg. cost so I do not get ripped off.

a clutch install isnt difficult at all, just get some basic directions online, and put the car up on jackstands. it will take you a pretty long time if its your first clutch, but it will be a lot cheaper than paying someone else to do it

More than likely it's a 4.6L Mustang with a T-45. In that case it's a 10.5" clutch.

Typical 10.5" clutch can vary from $150 to $250 for the standard Valeo clutch a trans shop might install. Toss $300-500 in labor on top of that. I wouldn't be surprised to get a $900-1000 estimate though.

I know guys here say it's easy (and I agree) but trans shops don't care and will change you what they can

We payed $400 for a clutch install with the flywheel resurfaced. That included him having to cut the TOB off. The clutch with a new TOB was about $220. So I would at least say $650 to be on the safe side. This was in a 2001 Cobra, so similar stuff.