Battery reloaction, completed/pix(flame away)

RoadracerGT

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
Loudon, TN
f97daea5.jpg

f97daea6.jpg

Ran the power cable from the driver side fuse box bolt, then down between K-member and body, then behind drivers fenderliner....through the driver side rocker panel, then up through the bottome of the rear seat in an existing grommet, then to 150amp fuse holder. Grounded at the trunk latch bolt.

Part that sucked the most was dropping the tank to get the bolts/studs in there.

I went back through and wire loomed/taped up/heater hose wrapped/zip tied everything i could to keep it safe. So far so good.

Im sure there is some technical "flaw" i did, hope no one flames me for that. I just do local autox's and hopefully 2 or 3 HPDE's a year. The car does seem to bite down more on a launch, and has a lil' less brake dive. In the end, couldnt HURT to have it back there. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Great rule of electronics: Make your grounds as short as possible. A ground is a ground, its job is to make contact with the largest piece of conducting metal.

Also, the box is completely sealed. Youll notice the clear tube venting to the outside of the car via the fuel pump safety switch wiring(under the ground cable).