Blown 4.6!!!

2001Saleen181

Mar 20, 2004
Well it finally happened. Blew my motor today.

Can you guys give me some feedbacks on what companies to call for a long-block. There are so many in the magazines, but I surely would like to hear some feed back from you guys.

I would like to know what kind of expeience you had with them. Were they good or bad and prices.

Thanks

I will ride with you guys again some day. :(
Till then happy trails with your pony.

• Sponsors (?)

I just talked to Tim (Cobra killer) of T&J. I think I'm sold on his engine.

Thanks for all of the replies.

And yes the Kenne Bell is a safe kit, but if you use a temporary donut tire on a Ford Expedition, its bound to blow sooner or later. :nice:

stallion98gt said:
so what happend ? KB tunes are supposed to be on the safe side right ?

Safe tune or not, when you're dealing with motor that was built for 230-240 RWHP pushing nearly 450 you know it'll go eventually. Especially with the fragile pistons and rods Fords stuffs into the 4.6..

How many miles did you get before it popped?

I knew it was going to pop sooner or later. So it wasn't like a total suprise. I have talked to T&J already and I would like them to do my motor work.
The car had 36000 miles on it.
Just got to figure out how to get the car down there now.

Now I'm shooting for 500 hp at the wheel. Then I'll be happy, NOT!!

I do have to say that I'm upset because it happened at the worst time.

I was coming back from Baltimore and a guy in a Z-06 said that my Saleen was over-rated and said it had no Kahunas. So of course I had to try to prove him wrong.

With addrenaline running in both of our veins, we both spun our tires out. He finally caught traction and took off about 1 car lengths when I finally got traction. Man, was I was so determined to get him. My little 4.6 and Kenne Bell was screamin. By the time I hit second gear, I was only 1/2 car length behind. I love the 1-2 shift on the Steeda Tri-Ax, it is so assuring that you wont miss 2nd gear so I didn't really let off on the power. By third gear, I was definately pulling from him, then Bang!!!!

The Z-06 just drove by. But thats OK, I think I won the race. So Ill consider it a 1/2 notch on the win scale.

Hopefully I'll be up and running soon.