BluePrint Engines 50 State Legal Long Block Engines

• Sponsors (?)

They need to just sell their 4 bolt main block bare as a cheaper alternative to the Dart blocks. Supposed to be good up to 700 hp which would be perfect for my 331 to be transplanted into.

Reactions: 1 users
$5299 is a lot of money for an bare iron headed long block. They also have two part #'s, one for 1991-1995 and one for 1985-1996, and no details to differentiate between the two.
Is there even a demand for these I wonder? I'm running an old '82 block that has the rope seal that's 42 years old. Never torn apart.

Reactions: 1 user
Cheaper to just get engines right from blueprint
Screenshot 2023-11-04 114302.jpg

Damn! I'm surprised that I hadn't heard of these guys. Love to see an American manufacturer doing SBF blocks. Glad it's not chinese. 4-bolt mains is a win, too.

A Creb 302 forged piston short block is in the $3.1-3.2 k range, IIRC. But something like this gives one room to grow on, and a 30-month 50k mile warranty. Starts making a forced induction 347s a lot more reasonable. Go for 400rwhp N/A and still slap on a 250 shot or a turbo at 10-12 psi.

I won't complain about price, but advertising 415, crank I'm assuming, HP means I wouldn'tbe happy. I want to put AFR205s on it with a custom cam and push closer to it's rating to the tire. So, it they start selling short blocks and can knock off a grand or more from their long block prices, then they're in the running for me. I'd definitely prefer this at $4.3k (302) vs the creb given the warranty and 4-bolt mains.

View: https://youtu.be/eC0SNoET2E8?si=GDnH8rIbeo4pv8lz

Last edited:
  • Useful
Feedback on Creb seems pretty decent. Seems like a lotta satisfied folks, and haven't come across anything negative, yet. But, basically, just stock refurbished short or long blocks.

Watching some Engine Masters episodes and they speak highly of Blueprint Engines, as far as the LS applications go. I have not seen them do a Blueprint SBF.
Every LS that they have tested was within 1-5 HP +/- of advertised.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
I contacted BluePrint, asking if they will ever sell bare blocks.... They did respond and said at this time they are using all the blocks they can build but said you never know about the future.......