boost limits on stock block

I know I will have it on pump gas and im definitely going to lower the cr to 9:1 and probably keep it at 8psi and I know everything the is forced induction will need a tune so im not gonna be an asshat about driving it til I tune it

• Sponsors (?)

That would make sense "IF" you took two identical motors. Still, your anecdotal evidence is the exception, not the rule. I ran 420 rwhp at 10 psi for 4 years without an issue. I bent a connecting rod when I decided to be a jackass and do a "rule of thumb" tune when I decided to push the boost up to 12 psi. For every 1 casting flaw that causes a catastrophic condition in a 5.0, I'll show you 99 tuning mistakes that caused the catastrophic issue. The bottom line is that this guy has what he has, and shouldn't concern himself with the minimal possibility of casting issue. Instead, turn the boost up as you watch power output and keep the timing and AFRs in check.

That's why it was only an "IF" situation-I never discounted the importance of proper tuning...only wanted to the OP to be aware that possibility exists...that's all :cheers: That sucks about your meltdown though...what was the "rule of thumb" you're referring to?

You guys are giving me panic attacks! I'm upping to 12psi but adding all the related fuel crap and dyno tunes. I also go to visit family and go racing which is a 7 hour drive hahaha! Did the trip 3 times last summer but no racing as my engine was burning more oil than fuel... lol

A few guys have already touched on this, but I think it isn't quite getting through: boost pressure doesn't mean :poo:. Boost pressure is just a measure of how much air you are trying to push into an engine and how much resistance it is encountering on the way in. It has very little to do with how much stress the engine block sees.

Engine block stress is more closely related to rpm, torque production (those two together = HP, by the way), engine balance, detonation, stuff like that. Boost pressure can lead to some of those things, but it is not the determining factor alone.

split mine in half at 480 to the wheels on a dyno, tq was bit more. who knows its a gamble .

flower pot
100_0216.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0216.jpg
    100_0216.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: 3 users
Ok im about to hand my car off to the body shop together some rust removed ... and I can focus more on my motor ... im gonna definitely boost it more then likely turbo so my question is what can the stock block with 10:1 compression handle in means of boost I know 500hp is the limit but can anyone tell me the psi limit im looking to boost around 12psi I may lower compression to keep from blowing head gaskets thanks for amy input
LMFAO!!!!

did anyone provide you with the necessary info needed to help you with this build? or did they just repeat like parrots the ''HP level of a STOCK 302 BLOCK''? witch is spread all over this ENET. like a disease witch that info is also false. i guess its not 100% false i guess its rule of thumb for clueless ppl.​

seems everyone likes to repeat stuff around here.. or come up with their own analogy. lol

lmfao you are so clueless LMFAO!!!!

did anyone provide you with the necessary info needed to help you with this build? or did they just repeat like parrots the ''HP level of a STOCK 302 BLOCK''? witch is spread all over this ENET. like a disease witch that info is also false. i guess its not 100% false i guess its rule of thumb for clueless ppl.​

seems everyone likes to repeat stuff around here.. or come up with their own analogy. lol

thats cause u dunno how to drive over revving it a million times lol

Brosef, I dunno what hole you crawled out of, but calling people out on here isn't gonna fly for very long.#

Noobz347

Reactions: 1 users

Not gonna warn you again. Get along, or you're gone! You're not the be all, end all authority (as much as you'd like to think you are) on everything automotive. Feel free to offer advice, but be objective and keep the snide remarks to yourself. You revving people up on here for the sake of stroking your ego and attempting to prove to them how much smarter you think you are is not going to win you any support and certinly won't end in your favour!

Reactions: 3 users
let me add since i didnt see it posted before...

boost pressure is a measure of how much restriction you have on the motor (go with me here you'll get the point at the end)
if you cant flow out the exhaust what your forcing down the intake the boost will go up. power on the other hand will not.
if you can keep thing balanced you'll make more power on less boost.

Here's when it happened, and I still drove it 2.5 hours home. Notice I didn't miss any shifts and I never revved it past about 5900. Now....when you can chase down a Lotus Elise in a full-interior A/C-and-all foxbody Mustang with a stock K-member and quadrabind suspension like mine had at the time, while running street tires, then maybe you can tell us something about how to drive. Until then, GFY...."Mang".

Reactions: 4 users