Boosted's Project For The Day Thread

• Sponsors (?)

How's the knee Allen, still laying about on that couch?

It's a little tender. Two ice packs on it wrapped up with an ace bandage. I get up and use crutches to go pee, that's about it. I'm supposed to be able to unwrap it tomorrow and shower without a trashbag on it. Looking forward to that, haha.

Got a magazine to read though!
image.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
From what I've heard the recovery time from a torn meniscus repair is worse than an entire knee replacement. So naturally, since I have to consider a knee replacement one of these days, (probably after I've fallen and can't get up) I'm curious as to how you're doing?

From what I've heard the recovery time from a torn meniscus repair is worse than an entire knee replacement. So naturally, since I have to consider a knee replacement one of these days, (probably after I've fallen and can't get up) I'm curious as to how you're doing?
Just a fwiw...my dad had his replaced. Played golf 6 weeks later. It was still a little tender but he got through the round. He's a golf fanatic. Other coworker had his done and was driving his Harley in about the same time frame.

Reactions: 1 user

Well, I'm on day three and if i force myself, i can walk without crutches. The pain is not excruciating, more of an annoyance when not moving( on the couch)... but I have a pretty high pain threshold. The doc says after my one week check up I'll be working it on a stationary bike, and I can see that. Two of my close buddies have been through this, as well as my dad and they all said a few weeks and it's better than before surgery. Looking forward to that part!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Well, I'm on day three and if i force myself, i can walk without crutches. The pain is not excruciating, more of an annoyance when not moving( on the couch)... but I have a pretty high pain threshold. The doc says after my one week check up I'll be wroking it on a stationary bike, and I can see that. Two of my close buddies have been through this, as well as my dad and they all said a few weeks and it's better than before surgery. Looking forward to that part!

Of course you have a high pain threshold.... you're married right? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 users
Oh dang. Did the MCL and a bone patella bone graph for the ACL. The young Dr did a beautiful job, but warned me about keeping my meds "in front of the pain wave." I'm anti pill, but tried to keep of the pain candy until the wife threatened violence involving a lead pipe. Who knew, I'm an a$$h@le when in pain? Take the meds and I no longer had to keep telling friends "I fell down the Stairs."
How long they going to have you going to physical therapy? Do it, it's worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh dang. Did the MCL and a bone patella bone graph for the ACL. The young Dr did a beautiful job, but warned me about keeping my meds "in front of the pain wave." I'm anti pill, but tried to keep of the pain candy until the wife threatened violence involving a lead pipe. Who knew, I'm an a$$h@le when in pain? Take the meds and I no longer had to keep telling friends "I fell down the Stairs."
How long they going to have you going to physical therapy? Do it, it's worth it.

They said about a month of rehab then back to full duty.

That's not too bad, but I find the Docs tend to be super positive with the folks that have to go to PT vice complaining to them. Not trying to be negative by any means, but just passing that only a moron (me) would truly think that the mark on the calender would allow the thing to work 100%. Take it easy, enjoy your time to plan new projects, don't get frustrated and let the rehab guy get you right (everything I did not do..lol).

That's not too bad, but I find the Docs tend to be super positive with the folks that have to go to PT vice complaining to them. Not trying to be negative by any means, but just passing that only a moron (me) would truly think that the mark on the calender would allow the thing to work 100%. Take it easy, enjoy your time to plan new projects, don't get frustrated and let the rehab guy get you right (everything I did not do..lol).

Lol, will do. Thanks RD.

Hey Allen, how's the knee?

I asked about those parts for your Apache. The yard owner said it belongs to a friend of his, but he'll ask him if he wants to sell. What parts are you needing?

Hey Allen, how's the knee?

I asked about those parts for your Apache. The yard owner said it belongs to a friend of his, but he'll ask him if he wants to sell. What parts are you needing?

The knee is improving, pt is helping, thanks for asking.

On the apache I would need the entire front clip. Inners, outers, core support, grill, hood, bumper etc. The truck hit a tree... The rest is history. I've been trying to hustle a deal on it for a bridgport mill, and the front end may or may not close it. Right now it's looking grim though.

Not to nitpick, but there has thus far been only one project in this "project for the day" thread.

I'm really liking that new GT...

Well, until my knee heals up, driving that new gt is about as project as it's gonna get. I did hit 150 mph in it today.. How's that? Thanks for the compliment bud.

Reactions: 3 users