4.1 inch stroke
4.030 bore
custom cam
205 CC head
58CC cumbustion chamber
2.06 intake valves
DP carb, somewhere in the 850-950 range
Dart 351 block
Flat top pistons, coming to 0.0000 deck clearance.

Do any of you see any problems with that? I just did a rough calculation on it.

• Sponsors (?)

I have nothing against turbos, but I want my power from 116 octane only. No help from nitrous, blower, or turbo

My real question I guess is: "Will I have valve clearance with flat top pistons coming to 0.0 deck? With those heads, and rotating assembly.

My real question I guess is: "Will I have valve clearance with flat top pistons coming to 0.0 deck? With those heads, and rotating assembly.

What 205cc heads? TW or Highports, then yes... big power.
Valve clearance is more to do with the events and not the deck, whether it be piston to deck or free drop.

When you say "big power" I assume you're meaning appx 650hp N/A... looking for more, you'll need to rethink your cylinder heads.

what about the cam? you could always use cometic gaskets the give you a smidge more ptvc?why not get a beaner 351w block? hell of alot cheaper and i feel more safer! peace

john:p

A dart block for only a 418?

You need a 460 kit for that (I think its 461 or 462 . . . )

Saw one at the shop that the shop owner ported the heads for. Custom solid roller, ported high ports, super victor, 825 race demon, glide. Would run high 5.80s low 5.90s on the motor.

Throw a AFR 225 cc head on there to feed those cubic inches.

Also, punch it out to a 4.125" bore, since you are using a DART block and get those free cubes. The blocks cost the same, whether 4.00" or 4.125" bore.

Email Ed Curtis @ www.flowtechinduction.com for some combination help.

He has helped build several of these. He has a customer that was running low 10's @ ~130 MPH with bone stock 170 cc TFS heads. Imagine some AFR 225's. ;)

Throw a AFR 225 cc head on there to feed those cubic inches.

Also, punch it out to a 4.125" bore, since you are using a DART block and get those free cubes. The blocks cost the same, whether 4.00" or 4.125" bore.

Email Ed Curtis @ www.flowtechinduction.com for some combination help.

He has helped build several of these. He has a customer that was running low 10's @ ~130 MPH with bone stock 170 cc TFS heads. Imagine some AFR 225's. ;)

I'll send him an e-mail after work.

I'll look into the 4.125 bore blocks. I've just started getting serious about picking my parts, so now I'm just doing my research.

A dart block for only a 418?

You need a 460 kit for that (I think its 461 or 462 . . . )

Saw one at the shop that the shop owner ported the heads for. Custom solid roller, ported high ports, super victor, 825 race demon, glide. Would run high 5.80s low 5.90s on the motor.

Yes, Dart. Peace of mind, knowing it won't be the block that gives.

what about the cam? you could always use cometic gaskets the give you a smidge more ptvc?why not get a beaner 351w block? hell of alot cheaper and i feel more safer! peace

john:p

I haven't talked to anyone about the cam specs, but I do know it will be a custom grind.

I'm going with Dart, because if I get bored with that motor, and I want to get more power, I can just throw a bottle on it. Not have to worry about the block giving way.

What 205cc heads? TW or Highports, then yes... big power.
Valve clearance is more to do with the events and not the deck, whether it be piston to deck or free drop.

When you say "big power" I assume you're meaning appx 650hp N/A... looking for more, you'll need to rethink your cylinder heads.

I was thinking AFR 205 or 225, just haven't done too much work on finding out what cfm I'll need. What do you mean about "events"?

I'm hoping for at least 600 N/A

Hmmmmmmm, you got me thinking.
I can imagine the 190cc Fast as Cast TW and the 225cc Highports outperforming 225cc AFRs.

If you're going to put good money on cylinder heads, you need "great" cylinder heads... not just "good".

In your application, out of the box cylinder heads aren't going to cut it. Talk to anyone who knows cylinder heads, you'll find as you start putting big money in them, the TW and Highport really start to shine over other inline heads.

motor

im about to order a motor from bennett and its a 427R 700HP-580 FT/LB they said its a 13:1 motor

DART BLOCK
SCAT 4340 FORGED STEEL CRANKSHAFT
SCAT 4340 FORGED STEEL H BEAM ROD W/ARP 2000 BOLTS
BENNETT DESIGNED ROSS PISTON KIT
SPEEDPRO FILE FIT RING SET
CALICO COATED MAIN & ROD BEARINGS
BENNETT CUSTOM ROLLER CAMSHAFT
BILLET TIMING CHAIN w/ TORRINGTON BEARING CAM THRUST
ATI BALANCER & ARP BOLT
BENNETT MODIFIED HV MELLING OIL PUMP
CANTON or MOROSO OIL PAN KIT
COMETIC HEAD GASKETS
BENNETT CNC PORTED TFS HI PORT CYLINDER HEADS 332cfm
ISKY ROLLER LIFTERS
3/8 PUSHRODS
HARLAND SHARP STUD MOUNT ROCKER ARMS FOR TFS HEAD
BENNETT VALVECOVERS
BENNETT PORTED EDELBROCK SUPERVICTOR INTAKE MANIFOLD
MSD PRO BILLET DISTRIBUTOR & PLUG WIRES
PRO SYSTEMS PREPPED HOLLEY CARBURETOR
ARP FASTNERS THROUGHOUT
PRO ASSEMBLED
DYNO TESTED & TUNED

My bad. I assumed when you said "big power" you were talking about greater than 600hp from a 418 sbf.

For your own research, find who makes 600hp or more with what cylinder heads on what cubic inch N/A.

Like I said, I've just begun getting serious with my research. I'd like to get 700 or close to that, to the wheels, but I don't think that will happen. If I can get 650 RWHP, I'll be a happy person. Just from the motor.

I've been looking for who is running N/A on a 351W based motor, but I can't find anyone.