Calling BS on oil change, want opinions

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 2, 2003
Cat Country
I call major :bs: :bs: :bs: on my oil change this morning.

I've been taking it to the same place since day 1. Always Motorcraft 5w20. Always 5.5 to 6 qts. Always new Filter. Today they tell me they put in 6 qts. and it's still a quart low :shrug: . I call :bs: , what do you all think?

• Sponsors (?)

You never know who is doing your oil changes my friend. Could very well be someone who doesnt know what they are doing at all; they may have lost count and thought they put in 6, but only put 5. I would just jump under there and make sure its the right filter. FL-420S if I remember right.

Well just to be clear, I only let them put in 6. I told them I would keep an eye on it, and if it needed more (unlikely) and that I would take care of it. I've been going to this place for the last 2 years and like their work. But come on :rolleyes: if it actually took 7 qts, wouldn't they have told me that (and charge me for it) 2 years ago.

Besides, I know it only takes about 5.5 qts. I've read the threads on here discussing this same situation. :nice:

Dragstr05 said:
You never know who is doing your oil changes my friend. Could very well be someone who doesnt know what they are doing at all; they may have lost count and thought they put in 6, but only put 5. I would just jump under there and make sure its the right filter. FL-420S if I remember right.

I don't know how they miss counted :shrug: I gave them a 5 qt. bottle and a single qt. bottle :rlaugh: 5+1=6 :shrug: :D

Reason for buying the oil seperate is that they charge a bulk dispensing fee for 5w20 ( another :bs: call)

There are times I lose count....or maybe its that I have a hard time counting the oil rather than the beers I was drinking. But even a moron should think to count the empty bottles if they lost count while filling.

I'ts parked on a level surface now and the stick indicates the level is midpoint between the min. fill mark and the max. fill mark. (just where it's always been)

*makes note to fabricate own wood ramps for future use*

My GT takes 6 quarts.

When i do my oil changes i just use one ramp (because i can't drive up two normally due to mach 1 chin). I cut the wheel to the left and drive the left wheel up the ramp. This way i can get under the car and the engine is tilted more to the side where the drain plug is so i can be sure to get every drop out.

Takes me literally 10 mins to do a change and it's done right the way i want using the fluids and filter i want.

My sister lost an engine to an oil change place that FORGOT to put in oil. Then, even though i told her to never go back to a quick change place she did and then used an IMPACT GUN to put the drain plug on. Pan had to be changed out the next oil change due to the threads stripping.

I also know someone that used to work in a quick change place.

After hearing the stories he would tell me i wouldn't recommend ANYONE go to one.

If you need someone to change your oil, go to a REAL mechanic.

Mustang5L5 said:
I also know someone that used to work in a quick change place.

After hearing the stories he would tell me i wouldn't recommend ANYONE go to one.

If you need someone to change your oil, go to a REAL mechanic.
Or better yet bring it to me and I'll take the 29.95...