Cannot make up my mind

79'293stang

Jan 5, 2003
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Ok so I am running into an issue. I have three mustangs, a 79 notch, 86 svo and 94 gt vert. My issue is that I have to many cars and I am about to start college.

The 79 I will never sell, ive owned it close to ten years and have so much time and money invested that its basically family.

The svo is a great car, gets great gas mileage and I just put a new engine in it 6 months ago and have a new rebuilt ported head, ported intake, and an e6 turbo manifold for it that I plan on putting on in the near future, only problem is that the paint isnt the greatest from sitting in storage for 4 years while I was gone for the military but still looks allright, just needs lots of tlc to get it good again.

The vert I bought as a welcome home present from afghanistan because I have always wanted a mustang convertible and the thing is a southern car and is absolutely flawless and I have alot of money and parts invested with a shelf of parts waiting to still be installed.

I just dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Sell the 94 vert and paint the 86 SVO. You already have a monster and something fun with good gas mileage is what would probably be the most sensible thing to keep. Plus, I'm not really a fan of verts. Who knows where gas prices are going to go in the future, SVO's are rare, and parts are worth more if they haven't been installed yet.

Well ... different things motivate different peeps :D

For me ... Its function before anything else :Word:

Therefore ... Power before anything else ;)

The little coupe is very light :nice:

IMHO ... It would make the best hot rod :banana:

Verts are too heavy :(

Grady

how many miles are on it? Check KBB to get an idea on price.

I agree, Id part w/ the 94, is it an auto or a 5spd? If it a auto then that would deff make my mind up to get rid of it.

I'd sell the SVO. Having two fox hardtops doesn't make as much sense to me as having a hardtop fox and a vert SN. That way you'll have your 79 5 speed fox hardtop for fun and an auto vert SN for cruising.

I agree. Course, you could re-plumb the SVO hairdryer to get the vert experience...

SVOs are special cars, no doubt about it, but they don't do much for me. If I were in your shoes, I'd keep the vert, but then again, I'm pretty biased.

As far as what's it worth, we'd need pics, detailed list of what's been done to it currently, etc. How many miles? Accurate assessment of condition inside and out?

Auto drops the value in my book, but probably not enough to justify doing the T5 swap.

I paid $8k for mine about 15 months ago, but it is like new, with about 55k on it when I bought it. Already had lots of mods, and I'm a sucker for a yellow car. Probably paid too much for it, but they're hard to come by up here, and it's EXACTLY what I wanted. If you're not in a hurry, you might find a sap like me for yours as well!

57505d1237245167-introduction-mystang3.jpg

57506d1237245202-introduction-mystang4.jpg

heres some pics. parts on shelf waiting for me to stop procrastinating include, an eibach pro kit, t5, shorty headers, I have a different 302 that I have forged internals with around 10.5:1 comp, fully balanced, ported c6 heads and a comp cams xe284h that came from my 79 that I pulled to do the mod engine swap, the cam I plan on changing out, if i do the tranny swap i figure itll be easier to drop engine and tranny at the same time as opposed to dropping the tranny seperate which is a pia.
Parts installed, offroad Hpipe, explorer intake, slp exhaust, 98 gt rims with 245/45zr17 goodyear eagle f1 allseasons all around. Ive changed about everything on the car that is normal maintenance. Everything is in prestine condition, leather is nice, no tears, mach 460 works great, coooooold ac, and its a southern car so the undercarraige still looks new, the factory exhaust didnt even have rust on it. the car has a new top as of a year and half ago. Cant think of much more and this is turning into a huge list so Ill stop for now...

Curb appeal is really high on a Black on Black vert. That's what I'd sell. I just bought an 85 Merkur XR4ti 5 speed. Selling my 94 hardtop, because it's NOT a 5 speed. It's also a bunch more money to make "really fun" than the XR. (I didn't know I was buying the "red headed stepchild of mustangs" when I bought the 94.) My next SN95 will be a 96-up Cobra.

I'd def keep the SVO, they really are cool. (and it ticks V8 guys off, when you beat em with a 4 banger) A lot of people dont really consider the SVO a "Fox" because, although the Fox stuff bolts-on, it's usually a downgrade from the SVO parts. (Brakes, for instance.)

In the 79, like Grady said, you have the "true" hot rod Mustang. It will be able to change with your tastes, if you decide to drag, road race or autocross it. Since it's light, it can be outfitted to do almost everything you'd want a car to do. Fox parts are really cheap, too. The 94 (for me) is too heavy for most stuff (really) and chopping up an SVO for drag/road racing would suck.

I'll get arguements about the SN95 being too heavy but it's my opinion. I honestly dont have the time or the money for MM suspension stuff, $1500 a pair heads, $1000 worth of intake stuff, and on and on. By the time someone has a "fast" SN, they usually have $15-20k in it and could prolly get about $8k out of it, if they had to sell it. Sounds like a losing proposition to me.

Just some ramblings by me. ;)

Exactly my problem at the moment. I love every one of my cars. I have about 5 grand in parts sitting for my 79 also, all mm suspension, tubular k member for the mod engine swap, etc. and a 5.4 with full wiring harness that I plan on installing. I just have wayyyy to much stuff and not enough time. I hate having my stuff sitting around but I know that if I do sell anything that once I graduate college and start having kids, etc that I will regret selling something. Maybe I should just keep them all and say screw it and convince my great uncle that my car needs to stay in his barn a few more years...Im horrible at taking pics and blogging what I do which is probably why you guys dont see me post very often, I ussually just cruise the forums and find what I need and I guess that makes me a bit greedy that I dont share at all...