Can't decide which gauge

Im stumped as to which gauge I want to get. I was told over at doug herbert performance that i could get the fuel pressure gauge w/ isolator for 125. but the thing is that i have seen these air/fuel gauge for around 100 and it seems like that gauge would be more useful. :shrug:

ive already got the nitrous pressure gauge (2 5/8 phantom) and the dual pod. all help is appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

A wideband will show you the real readings, while a narrowband will only show you if your car is running rich under WOT, which it should. A narrowband will be nothing more than a light show. I had one in my Mustang and when I was crusing it would bounce from one side of the guage to the other a few times every second, quite annoying.

Have you had the car tuned for the n2o? I only ran a n2o pressure and fuel pressure on my WS6 because I got the car tuned for n2o.

Spend $40, and put it in the cowl.

Gauge.jpg

Gauge2.jpg

I can see it fine when i drive around

you can run one of those $45 AF gauges, but when you do it, you should have a wideband and run the "output" to the gauge, so its acurate and not just a crappy reading from the o2 sensor.

did that require custom work to the cowl? or are you just saying you bought that cowl for 40 + the gauge itself

i would really like to do that so i can get a water temp under the n2o gauge

It's been a while, but i beleive the cost was the price of the 2 5/8" gauge, a gauge cup and the braided line. It might be a tiny bit more than $40, but nowhere near what an isolated setup would cost.

Everything else was custom. There is an L-shaped bracket that i mounted to the firewall and bolted the gauge cup to. Then i just trimmed away my cowl to expose the gauge. Took some trial and error.

Now they have cowl panels that have the mounting locations for 2-3 gauges already present.