Car Got Keyed & Tires Slashed ... rant warning...

*NOTE* I know this is a lot of complaining and bitching/ranting, but my bad luck keeps getting worse...i go through the trouble and time to keep my car safe and in good condition but things just keep going sour... i had big plans for the car in the near future, but maybe all this is a sign that its time for me to get rid of it...

My little list of annoyances i've head to deal with in the past 2 months...each being being a separate event, taking place on a different day...

1) thermostat went out, blew a gasket and sprayed coolant all over egine bay
2) 1 week later: water pump broke and leaked all my coolant out (was replaced)
3) 2 weeks after that: discovered that the intake manifold cracked/melted - another coolant leak
4) Then 2nd water pump broke afterwards - dumped all my coolant out AGIAN
5) A Razor blade sliced rear tire on freeway a month ago.
6) THEN, a shard of metal sliced the other rear tire about 1 week ago...go figure.
7) Hit huge bump - screwed up allignment, which in turn, completely ate up the front tires :nonono:
8) LAST NIGHT: Some bastards knifed my right side tires (all brand new tires) and keyed all the panels on the right side of my car AND slashed both right side tires on my buddy's car while we were inside Carls Jr. for 10 min. we were stuck out on the streets from ~ 11pm - 1am waiting for the cops, tow trucks, and a ride.

so now i'm out about $2500 in the end, and i have nothing new on the car to show for it except for the tires, which did NOT need to be replaced to begin with. My car spends more time taken apart sitting in the driveway than it does on the road :rolleyes: Maybe all these unfortunate events is a sign that its time to sell it...

At this point it feels like every time i drive the car, i should expect to get a flat or something else broken. Makes me so pissed that people could get enjoyment from slashing tires and keying random peoples cars.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know much about Carls Jr, but I'd definitely see if they have cameras. Or if anyone else in the vicinity does that may have cough something on tape. Have you pissed off anyone lately? A car getting keyed happens more frequently than it should but when I hear of tires getting slashed, the first thing that comes to mind is an "ex".

Regardless, I feel for ya. I've had a ****ty day myself, but by comparison, not so bad. I hope that someone catches/beats/etc., whoever did it.

hope your day gets better man.

nope, this Carls Jr. doesnt have any video cameras outside their bulding (except for the drive through camera on the complete other side)

the Grocery store next door does have 1 camera that rotates back and forth across at the opposite end of the parking lot very slowly but with skattered images. The manager told me he wasnt able to see anyone standing near the cars. i was going to go check out the video tapes right now, but i cant even drive over there!

Who the **** keys a car, heartless, gutless bastards, I'm gettin tired of hearing this ****, I feel like it's only a matter of time with mine. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, your car is fn awesome though, hopefully it'll be in tiptop shape again soon.

Who the **** keys a car, heartless, gutless bastards, I'm gettin tired of hearing this ****, I feel like it's only a matter of time with mine. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, your car is fn awesome though, hopefully it'll be in tiptop shape again soon.

Man I know what you mean. I haven't had it happen *knocks on wood* but I always read about people with mustangs having their cars keyed. It makes you want to install some kind of electricity based security system :D

believe me....i've been reading about others cars being keyed on here for years, always hoping mine wouldn't be next...i just wish i hadnt had to deal with so much other bad luck along with this because im flat broke now after this one. Its really affecting my ongoing decision on whether or not to sell the car...

500 deductible, and theres no real way of catching the people who did it because the only video camera that captured my car and my buddy's car in it, was too far away (and it was too dark) to make out anything. I hate that these people are getting away with it, and theres nothing me, my buddy, or the cops can do...

Holy crap. Bad day for mustangs huh. Check thread above or under. Yeah it was someone you knew. It was too much. Either that or you cut someone off. I always try to stay within a good distance of my car at night. Especially at a fast food place.

That sucks man. I trust my car is safe since it is right outside my bedroom window, and since my dog barks at anything (human or animal) that gets close to it and is big enough to break thru the screen if I tell it too.

lol, nice. i park mine right next to my bedroom window too! and sleep with my head right next to that window so i can hear or look out and see if anything was out there near my car. usually i end up hearing raccoons going through trash cans outside and i run out into the yard with a bat hoping to beat the low-lifes ass who's screwin with my car, only to disrupt the dinner of a family of pissed off fur balls in the neighbors trash

trust me when i say im pretty anal concerning almost everything about my car, where i park it and how far i let if get out of my sight. whoever did it was extrememly fast and knew they only had 2 or 3 min to work on TWO CARS. whats even more amazing is that a cop did in fact stop by the Carl's Jr. WHILE I WAS EATING, to answer a call about an angry old hag in the drive-thru who was hassling the workers....the cop was there for maybe 3 or 4 min during my 10-15min dinner...and still, no one saw a thing :shrug:

this car gets me way too much attention, some wanted and much of it not wanted. this town's way too small and eventually most of the residents end up running into eachother at some point. almost all the cops in my home town recognize my car as well (i get followed around A LOT). Sadly, i think it may be time to sell it after its fixed up :(

This latest vandelism does suck, but your earlier problems probably all came from the t-stat giving up the ghost, engine temps go up causing the problems with the intake and waterpump. My advice is before you make any decisions you might regret, get the stang repaired and get some distance/time from your problems and see how you feel then. If you still feel the same, then look to make a move. Good luck with the repairs!

Yea Cory I agree with ^^^^ and Im down to beat the crap out whoever did that to your car. If Id been with you that night Id be in the same boat and Its ****ed up that people can do that to a nice car that someone has put a lot of time and money into.
Time to start lookin for those pieces of crap.