Car Insurance.. What do you pay?

• Sponsors (?)

Allstate sucks, and thats not just my opinion. They usually rank as the worst insurance company every year. Just wait until you have an accident w/passengers & medical bills...Your passengers will pay the price for your crappy insurance. I was that passenger recently....

Anyway try Farm Bureau or AAA.

I have Geico and its $1440 every 6 months for my girl's 02 Focus with full coverage and my newly-aquired 90 Bronco II which has liability only. She has one no-fault accident in the past three years but about 2 years ago she bumped into another car in the rain with no damage or insurance claims but police did respond. Not sure if that goes on record. My record is 110% spotless. Either way after reading this I am going to shop these numbers, my next insurance payment of $421 is coming up soon and in these times, I am going to feel that one!

My 92 Fox is insured through Haggerty for $375 a year. A little high, but its at a set rate of $15k coverage rather than the measly few K of blue book.

Normal DD's.....06 Explorer and 08 Corolla. $110 a month.

View attachment 266244

Seriously though, the most important coverage to have is injury. Cars can be fixed for cheap, but people are much more expensive to put back together. Just ask my 16 year old cousin... 5 vertebrae fused and had her severed duodenum removed after riding in the back seat with her friend's careless mom and her 15 year old friend driving. 40 days in intensive care and her friend's minimum injury coverage loooong since used up. :nonono: