CDC Shaker Install

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5 said:
Looks great.

If it was my car, i'd go with flat black and paint the rear spoiler flat black as well. It might look Mach 1ish, but that Mach 1 has an excellent appearance package. Plus there are no silver Mach 1's and your hood is completely different. You are just borrowing styling cues that's all.

I'd also go with some Black bumper lettering out back as well and black tinted windows

I agree :nice: !!!

GT-03 said:
Unfortunately, the center of the hood is a "low pressure" area, and the opening on the shaker scoop is just about dead center on the hood. What that means, is that the shaker scoop will not always be able to supply amble amounts of air and that makes keeping the fender snorkel a necessity.

A really well functioning scoop usually has its opening either at the front edge of the hood (Firebird WS6), the rear edge of the hood (Cobra), or raised up high (dragsters). Basically, locating the opening anywhere else the air pressure is higher.
Doesn't the Mach 1 have a mod available for it that raises the scoop? Wonder if that helps with the supply of air.

coramprat said:
Doesn't the Mach 1 have a mod available for it that raises the scoop? Wonder if that helps with the supply of air.

If that's the mod I am thinking of, it only raises the scoop by less than an inch. That's just for cosmetic reasons.

The "dragster" style I was referring to, was those types of cars with their shaker about 2 feet up from the hood.

Back in the 60's, most cars had those round air cleaners with a short snorkel which sucked in air which was first heated by passing through the radiator, and they heated again from the engine block. The big advantage with the shaker was that it scooped up cool outside air. Today, most cars get their intake air from in front of, or before, the radiator. So, they are already getting cool outside air.

If anyone knows a simple way to meter air/fuel, please let me know. I may block the snorkel to see how the shaker works solo.

Williamsracing - - - Sorry to hear CDC would not work with you. I called expecting a fight, (mostly because customer service seems to be dead in the '00s) but right from the start they were very accommodating.

I've painted the hood now, black with several clear coats. But, I'm still having trouble with the back corners. Soon, I'll either try some type of adhesive (as recommended by the CDC tech) or go the chrome carridge bolts like Williamsracing. I don't see why the whole applique is not screwed down like the four center screws (instead of the goofy self-threading nuts.

I hope to have some pics up soon with the paint job.