cheap MACH 1 chin spoilers??? anyone

I guess I'll give this thread another hit with the defibrillator.

I ordered my chin spoiler yesterday from the local Ford dealer. They want like $88 now that they're discontinued. However, I recommend everyone do what I did. Get a Ford employee to buy it for you so you can get their employee discount. Mine was $56.11 after the discount! That's cheaper then before they were discontinued! Take that Ford!

The down side to this story, it's on back order because of all of us ordering them do to the discontinuation of the part. I have no idea when I'll receive it, if ever. But I'm holding out hope this story will have a good ending!

Let's all pray together now: Our father in heaven, Holy be thy name, Thy chin spoiler come, thy will be done, with Ford as it is in heaven! A-MAN!

And thank you for your support!

Is that blasphemy to pray and then finish your post with a quote from Bartles and James?

• Sponsors (?)

**!!CLEAR!!** :rlaugh:

Thanks for all your prayers! My chin spoiler came in finally! Man that's a really big box for such a small part? But it was pretty funny seeing it in Brad's 03' Cobra with the rear seat down and the front passenger seat down just to fit it in! Thanks Brad.
Oh, I need to edit the price in my previous post. They final price was $61. Brad and I thought the parts guy said 56.11 but we must have inhaled too much tire dressing that day? Still I think that was a pretty good price considering.

The only disappointing thing was that it only came with 3 of the snap in plug thingies. I think I have some extras around the garage somewhere but that's something to keep in mind if or when you order one from Ford.

I'll try to do another step by step on the install of the spoiler. Yes I know it's going to be really easy, but maybe someone would like to read about it before they do it. I know I like to do that a lot, especially when I don't yet have the money for the part.

Three fasteners... Damn, that is stingy. AutoZone has them.

One thing to keep in mind if you do not already know. You will need to decide to line it up flush with the fender wells OR flush with the front of the car. So reading instructions and tips on the internet is definitely a good idea, like always.

Ya I know. That was the first thing I said...where's all the fasteners? Ahh...that sucks!

I'm thinking of putting the spoiler flush with the front and leave the gap at the back. But I haven't completely decided yet. I think I'll clamp it in both places and make my decision.

Black Stang 97 said:
so i can use one from a 99-04 right?? does it look the same as if it were for a sn95? i will buy if its possible to fit.....

Both are sn95's, just slightly different body lines. You can use it, sure. But, if it were me, I would wanna see one (an example) in person before making the purchase.