Roush Cluster Help...

Mstng2

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2002
- - Zion - -
K I probably got ripped off but I need to ask so here goes. I bought a "Genuine" Saleen 200 MPH Cluster overlay for my 2000. It replaces the OEM one but I have no instructions. It has 2 wire nubs coming off of the overlay and Appears to be Genuine Saleen manufacture. Saleen tells me I have to send in the entire cluster unit to be calibrated to 200 MPH.

Here is my questions:
1) Can someone verify the overlay is genuine saleen?
2) Can an SCT calibrate the MPH to 200 or do I have to indeed send in the whole unit to Saleen?
3) Does anyone know what wires go to the overlay, and where they hook into the car? Is there a wiring kit I need from Saleen to go with it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

K I probably got ripped off but I need to ask so here goes. I bought a "Genuine" Saleen 200 MPH Cluster overlay for my 2000. It replaces the OEM one but I have no instructions. It has 2 wire nubs coming off of the overlay and Appears to be Genuine Saleen manufacture. Saleen tells me I have to send in the entire cluster unit to be calibrated to 200 MPH.

Here is my questions:
1) Can someone verify the overlay is genuine saleen?
2) Can an SCT calibrate the MPH to 200 or do I have to indeed send in the whole unit to Saleen?
3) Does anyone know what wires go to the overlay, and where they hook into the car? Is there a wiring kit I need from Saleen to go with it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1) Got a pic for someone to verify if it is authentic or not?

2) My understanding is that Saleen used a computer/box manufactured by Motorola that took the speed input and converted the signal to calibrate the 200 mph speedometer. So, the answer to your question is no, the SCT programmer will not calibrate the Saleen 200 mph speedometer. Whatever changes you make to the gears or tires with the SCT programmer will affect the signal sent to the Motorola computer/box. When I swapped gears from 3.27 to 3.73, I had my dyno shop make the change via the Xcal2 and my Saleen 200 mph speedometer is accurate at 55 mph.

3) You'll have to wait for someone else on here more knowledgable to help you out on this one.

Good luck, and I hope you didn't get burned!

Motorola made the chips for the 94-98 cars. The 99-up cars I am not positive as to who did it. I do know that Saleen is the only one that can calibrate your speedo. An aftermarket tuner or chip can not. As for whether the gauges are authentic its would be hard to say since there are a few people who make good copies.

Thanks for the help, I'll call Saleen to get the cluster recalibrated. Here's the overlay, If it's fake it a very very good one. Anyone know what kind of wiring goes to the plug? or where it plugs into the car?

Attachments

• 584e_1.jpg
    584e_1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 90