Drivetrain Clutch Cable Setups?

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by Muttstang5.0, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Muttstang5.0

Muttstang5.0 New Member

I have a 94 gt with a stock clutch and I have had the stock adjuster slip on me a time or two and I want to try a new set up before it fails completely. I have read that aftermarket cables are junk so I know I want to keep stock cable and maybe aftermarket quadrant and adjuster? What are you guys running? Any help will be appreciated

2. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

I've run every cable there is, and I've come to the conclusion that the BBK setup is the best. It's a few dollars more than the competitors, but the quality seems to the best. Critically it has the best clearance on the mounting bracket for headers and such. I have a firewall adjuster, but it honestly isn't necessary. It just looks better, and makes clutch adjustments a little easier. Most people recommend the Maximum Motorsports cable, but I ordered one one time, and it wasn't even close to being the correct part.

Kurt

3. HISSIN50

HISSIN50 "How long does it take to get help in here?
    SN Certified Technician

Fiore used to rock but I'm not sure if they're around anymore (Atomic was selling them last I knew of).

You should be able to use any of the major brand quadrants and FWA's (that advertise they function with the OEM non-adjustable cable).

Note that you might have issues with ones designed for Ford adjustable cables (like the old SVO quadrants) unless you use the adjustable cable they come with.

4. ProKiller

Founding Member

the MM cable is the best that i've come across. don't ever get an adjustable cable. quadrant and FWA are just whatever brand you want/like

5. Muttstang5.0

Muttstang5.0 New Member

From what i have found online and what everyone on the forums are telling me, i think im going to use my stock cable with a aftermarket quadrant and fwa kit.