Cobra emblems on a non-Cobra

This would be more fitting, and only $9.95 :nice:
LRS-16228SR-A.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i like the "4.6" i posted more because it's less conspicuous. when looking at the car, most people would skim over the badge thinking it's a regular "5.0" badge. if you do badges, those are definitely the way you should go, to keep the original look to the untrained eye.

How about just leaving the 5.0 emblems. My car has them, I wont take them off or swap them out for anything else. If it had a 408 in it it would still say 5.0, stock body parts look the best imo. Yes this includes a stock hood. But anyways, if you think it would be cool, go for it. Its your car!

First, let me start by saying if it was mine I wouldn't put cobra badges on anything thats not a real cobra. (Some call them posers.)

Same here. I don't care if and when people do, I just wouldn't on my car. I don't even have 5.0 badges on mine either, I like the sleek look. I think if I had a Cobra I'd put them on just because they're supposed to be there...tough call.

But if I built the car you intend to build, I'd leave the fenders blank personally. Cobra parts, 500HP build, etc. don't warrant Cobra emblems on the fender :shrug: If you built a Cobra replica, then that's different. Even then most purists would be outraged :rolleyes:

stroke the 4.6 to 5.0 and leave your stock badges on there. under the hood get one of those 5.0 cammer plaques that sit on the valve covers.

stroke the 4.6 to 5.0 and leave your stock badges on there. under the hood get one of those 5.0 cammer plaques that sit on the valve covers.
Now thats a pretty good idear there :nice:

Mike, use the damn interwebz :bang:
LMR has them in red, blue or black.

On my way in today and saw an Aero V6 with a Cobra front bumper and snakes on the side, no other mods at all. The only thing that came to mind was "Ghey" :shrug:

LOL this things still goin u would think someone was putting z28 badges on a mustang comonnnnn!, i bought my car with cobra badges on it and im sure as hell not gonna take em off for anybody actually someone had to protect that big bad boastin gt 40 iron headed 235 HP not rear wheel that is!!:D against all those hondas and evos and other fart cans out there smokin these bad boy cobras LOL!!!!!!:rlaugh: so i think i'll leave my badges on and go spank those fart cans in the name of FORD for god sake:D:lock:

I know I'm new here but with all of these opinions floating around I'll throw mine in too..

I can see the arguement from both sides, even though I never owned a real cobra..

I grew up in the days of street racing.. before it was a felony and you didn't go to jail if you got busted. I was in a senior in HS in 1989. Back then if someone talked smack about your ride you told 'em put up a hundered bucks and run 'em or shut the @$%* up...

My thing was a 79 fox with a 351w in it and nobody in my area including cobra owners talked smack about my car. Imo if a guy's (or gal's) car is tuff enuff to put up or shut up, it don't matter if you've got Yugo badges.

Put up, or shut up. :Zip2:

I think if you do that you should put the cobra badges on it. There was a 93 mustang in a 5.0 magazine a month or 2 ago, I doubt it was a real cobra but it had the full cobra body kit. But, more importantly it had a 03 mystic paint job, 03 cobra interior, 03 cobra wheels, 03 cobra motor, and it had cobra badges on the side, I'll tell you what, if that car had 5.0 badges on the side I would have been like what the hell, its not a FACTORY cobra, its a Frankenstein cobra, and should be labeled as one.

Oh whoops, didnt notice how old this was till i started reading the last page haha. I thought it was a little weird you were having these plans. But anyone see that mystic paint cobra in 5.0 couple months ago? It was a real small picture but it was sickkkkkk.

Here we go, this car would be stupid with 5.0 badges:
100_2765.jpg

100_2766.jpg

100_2767.jpg

100_2768.jpg