Cobra emblems on a non-Cobra

I think if you do that you should put the cobra badges on it. There was a 93 mustang in a 5.0 magazine a month or 2 ago, I doubt it was a real cobra but it had the full cobra body kit. But, more importantly it had a 03 mystic paint job, 03 cobra interior, 03 cobra wheels, 03 cobra motor, and it had cobra badges on the side, I'll tell you what, if that car had 5.0 badges on the side I would have been like what the hell, its not a FACTORY cobra, its a Frankenstein cobra, and should be labeled as one.

The bottom line is, why go through all the trouble to make a car look like a Cobra, when you can just buy the real thing? It's like buying a fake Rolex, sure it may look as good as the real one, but you will always be just another regular Mustang owner with some pretty aesthetics.

• Sponsors (?)

There is a build thread for that car on a regional forum somewhere. dude stripped it and painted it on a rotisserie. even the bottom of the car is mystic. he probably has over 30k invested in that car.

Indeed. Seems to be a trend in every forum, lately. People are learning to use the search function, but apparently they're not checking the date/time of the last post in the threads they dig up. :shrug:

Kinda makes you wonder what they were searching for. :shrug:

Since we have a few 1993 cobra owners here, do any of you want to PM me please? I need a photograph of the rear axle brake hard lines on a REAL 1993 Cobra.

The bottom line is, why go through all the trouble to make a car look like a Cobra, when you can just buy the real thing? It's like buying a fake Rolex, sure it may look as good as the real one, but you will always be just another regular Mustang owner with some pretty aesthetics.

i am going through the trouble of making a fake cobra and i can afford a real one. the only reason i am doing this was i wanted a car with t-tops and when i started looking around for parts i managed to get all and i mean all original cobra parts for my build.granted i am putting some of the newer stuff into my build but as i have stated before i would never claim it to be the real thing.i would like to say when i get mine done it will be a representation of what one would look like in t-tops.

i am going through the trouble of making a fake cobra and i can afford a real one. the only reason i am doing this was i wanted a car with t-tops and when i started looking around for parts i managed to get all and i mean all original cobra parts for my build.granted i am putting some of the newer stuff into my build but as i have stated before i would never claim it to be the real thing.i would like to say when i get mine done it will be a representation of what one would look like in t-tops.

Go for it great idea :nice:

That Mystic Cobra Foxbody is absolutely HOTTTTT AS HELLL!!!!!:hail2::hail2:

I would rather buy a gt and do that to it and put the cobra badges on it, than tear up a perfectly good REAL cobra and butcher it like that. Now that car is an amazing piece of work, but I wouldnt tear apart a stock cobra to do that to it. What I am saying is that, that car is some kind of cobra creation in its own way, its not a factory cobra nor is it trying to be one, that car would be ridiculous with 5.0 badges on the side, it would not be finished. Now if you got a cobra intake, or brake job or body kit, I think that is ridiculous, but when you have that many cobra parts on it, the heart of that car is a cobra, who cares if they dont have a certificate.