coilover help

98MACH1R

I wanna put it in so bad, please help.
Jun 6, 2005
Hey guys i have searched for a while so i thought i would post. I have a 01 GT and would like to get coilovers. Im not looking for a drag set up and nor a dedicated corner carver setup. Just the adjustable feat. and something that will handle a little bit of spirited driving on the streets. I have seen UPR, MMR and MM products and I just need a little help on which is best. I have heard mixed reviews about UPR coilovers and i have heard barly anything about MMR. I have heard great things about MM but i dont think i can justify the cost since it wont really ever see drag nor a autocross event. So please guys any info would help me to pick the coilover that has quality and such. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

bought a set on e-bay they said they were new & for a lightning ford truck paid I think like $200 I did have a problem which I thought was one of them but later it was found my computer had gone bad ....they said AMT on the box I could never find out much about them ..I will tell you one thing I learned those cops as they are called dont like water & can go bad when washing your motor , since then I never put the water hose to that 4.6 again ... hope this info helps

maximum motorsports seems to have the best record along with griggs. i would go with one of those two. UPR and MMR i belive are more for drag racing. one guy on here was using UPR (i think it was UPR) setup on his daily driver and because the springs/shocks were so soft the struts got really hot and actually snapped in half. not good.

also make sure you get some 4bolt caster/camber plates for the front since the wieght of the car will now be placed on the strut tower

my favorite setup has fore sure got to be KW coilovers, ive been in a couple different mustangs with different suspension and KW is superior in almost every way. it handles amazing and it helped me hook alot better, but they are kind of pricey.