Convince me not to buy a HONDA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep the stang!! Put some money into the suspension and and do a few more motor mods and that teg will feel like a pinto. You will be happy you did in the end! Plus a nice Stang will turn heads all day from all groups of people. Ohhh and the Stang is rear wheel drive, fwd "burnouts" are just not the same. LOL :) Good luck!

• Sponsors (?)

AZ95GT said:
Ohhh and the Stang is rear wheel drive, fwd "burnouts" are just not the same. LOL :) Good luck!

I completely forgot the teg is fwd!
To rephrase an earlier quote: FWD is the DEVIL!
If you're really into road racing/auto x you don't want a fwd car. Too much understeer.

Im not gonna lie, the S2k is a really nice honda. But like my gf said to me "its still a honda". yeah, the S2k is stock for stock faster than us, but carries the price tag of an 03 Cobra. now, lets compare those beasts and see who is the victor.

17yrOldStanger said:
how in the hell is that integra faster than your car? are you running on doughnuts??? that integra is a piece of garbage. technology is no replacement for displacement, bc technology applies to us as well.

technology is no replacement for dislpacement is getting proved wrong each year that passes. Sure its true when you consider comparing a 2.2L to a 5.0L but technology can not cover that big of a difference.

Now compare our 5.0L 302 to the new 4.6L 281's that are coming out and technology is a BIG replacement for displacement. Stock of stock those new 4.6's walk all over stock 5.0s. The only thing that we have is our age which gives us aftermarket options....but that advantage is slowly disappearing :(

Besides, everything I have read says the 94-95 stangs are best suited for autocrossing and SCCA type racing. So, you already have the stang for the type of racing you want to do. Also, it is better to have torque to pull you out of the turns with RWD!

BIG BOYS DON'T CRY. Don't prove this wrong by selling your Mustang!!!!

go.rei GT said:
Honda v. Stang:
I've had a few rides in a couple of S2000's both old and new (the guy bought an '04 with the 2.2L which has a "better torque curve" :rolleyes: ). Both of them are clearly faster than my car, yet it doesn't feel like it. I do like the sound of them at 9000rpms, and its steering ratio and handling is like a dream compared to my stang. The brakes were probably at least four times better than my car... Then after the ride I got back in my car and right when I started it up, it was good to have a real v8 sound again. The low end power was nice too feel again too.

The verdict: When I'm done with my car it will definitely be faster, at least come close to the handling and braking, and will be much more fun to drive. I like and would consider a S2000 for a daily driver down the road, but it wouldn't replace the stang (and I'm also more into road racing).

It is your decision, and depending on school, and other things it may be a good deal, but...

Hey you are talking about a totally different car. The S2000 is in a different bracket than the integra he is going to buy and even the mustang. I would have a different opinion if a guy at a stoplight with the S2000 wanted to race than him in the Integra, if that was the car he was talking about,I bet some of these replies would be different too. No offence meant by this but you are talking about a different situation. IMO.

Badlilstang said:
One reason to buy a honda.... GAS PRICES... bout it. Not that they cant be made fast.. I know of one on the street that runs 11.30s.. but the guy has a ton of money in it and owns his own shop.
Well the gas argument cant be made if youre comparing stock to stock, but im sure the 11 second integra does not have the good gas mileage of a factory integra. :flag:

Well guys, you ask how can this car be as fast as my stang?? My car runs [email protected]. It has roughly 255hp(flywheel) and weighs 3360. The Integra Type R stock has 195hp. But this car has a test pipe, cat-back, Cams, and is dyno tuned. It makes roughly 215-220hp(flywheel) and it weighs only 2650 pounds. Seeing as it weighs 700 pounds less and only has about 30-40 hp less. Its not hard to understand how it would be just as fast if not faster. Also if you know what your doing, have track tires, and a decently setup suspesion, understeer is not an issue. That lightweight also helps with braking and cornering. Those cars arent hard to get down to about 2400 pounds. Which would most likely put it in the 13s, even though i dont really care about 1/4 mile. I care about going fast in the corners. I dont believe the mustang will ever be able to handle as well as a properly setup coiliover suspension on this car.

I dont think a well setup honda for handling and road coarse performance in general is Rice. There are alot of cool guys at Lapping days that own Honda's/Acuras, their cars are nice and they are FAST(around a track)

And as far as me seeing mustang tailights. Most of the mustangs on the road i see are either V-6s, or stock GT's which arent as fast as this car. I dont do much street racing anyway.

And no im not in school. I just want to save a little more by not having car payment and paying full/full coverage on a 10 year old car now. Also i know that if i want to get the stang down to the lap times i want im going to have to spend 3-4k on the suspension. Plus my car has 115k on it, and they other car has around 65k

I also want to start doing some actually racing in touring classes(at PIR and PR). And an integra is perfect for that. I dont think they allow mustangs.

It is still hard to sell the mustang though. I would like to have both. But i cant really afford it right now. I have other things to pay off first. I was also hoping for responses other then "honda's suck" We all know lots of them do suck, but there are ones that dont. I think im also ready for a change as well. I still dont know though. Its a tuff deal to pass up.

Wait a sec, you're into autocrossing and you're considering a teg (FWD), I don't get it. You're standard springs, shocks, control arms, subframe connector package will take care of most tegs.

Oh and gas mileage is bearly better int he teg, especially since you have to run premium fuel. I remember reading one comparison online with the new stang and S2K and the mustang actually had LESS of an annual fuel cost than the S2K. I also remember reading an article on a ricer site about a comparison between an Integra Type R and a 99 GT and the GT beat it in EVERY category, including the roadcourse. I think the article was called "Unlikely Contenders" or something. Believe it or not the author actually praised the stang and slandered the type R a bit.

It doesn't matter what any of us tell you though, it seems like you have the Honda stuck in your mind. Which ever choice you make we all wish you the best of luck, just be careful with the Hondas though...aftermarket and repair bills can be HIGH.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't an Integra made by Acura?

On to the more important matter, if you really like (and want) the car, go for it. But remember, it's still an import, and most of the people I know and hang out with LOVE American muscle. I work at an auto accessories store, and parts for an import are EXPENSIVE! Besides, you have a 5.0, it's one of the best engines built (my opinion), plus the parts are cheaper. But either way, hope it works out for you.

You can buy what you want, but.....

I used to have a '96 civic, a money pit really. My dad works for a Ford dealer ship here in so. cal. and was always telling me not to waste my money with imports...yada yada yada... Well about 2 weeks ago they got a '94 GT on trade in there and my pops swooped up on it. He broght it home and told me to drive it and see the difference. So I humored him and did. I was impressed, I spent about 3500.00 three months ago on an engine swap from the single cam vtech to the b16 the Si motor. I did a little bit of home work online that night and ended up kicking my self in the ass! :bang: Gas prices here in CA are :bs: but it is worth it! I am big on handling and suspension, but the stang handles great and I do plan on upgrading it. I want to build up a domestic drifter, thats the plan, and even though I am new to the mustang world I will never go back to the import scene. Thanks dad for opening my eyes to the wonderful world of Mustangs!

honda_vs_special_olympics.jpg

CManT1914, what is vtech?? isnt that a company that makes phones?? Did you mean VTEC?? IF you dont even know how that is spellled, it makes me wonder if you ever had the car, since it says VTEC really big on the valve cover. That is common mistake from people that dont know anything about honda or VTEC. B16A2's Arent that great of motors anyway, unless you put alot of money into them. And they go in a really lightweight car.

Also, at every autocross event ive been to the civics and integras(with decent setups and decent drivers) always clean up over the mustangs and camaro's. Hell, over every car except high dollar setup autocross cars. Ive seen really well setup mustangs be 3 seconds off of well preped honda's.

Yes, technically it is an Acura. But its a honda. Every part on it says honda. And its just a division of honda. The motor says honda right on the valve cover. It is even a Honda Integra over in Japan.

I should go to a honda forum and see what they say, haha.

only reason to choose a teg over a 5.0 is because you really dont care about horsepower at all, only auto x. if thats the case get a teg, but remember, in a street/drag race you're ALWAYS gonna wish you had stuck with a v8! my car makes well over three times the torque of an integra type r or a honda s2000!

Status
Not open for further replies.